Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm extremely frustrated with my vehicle. Bought a 2015 Malibu LT about 2 months ago, everything was fine until recent check engine light came on indicating the the rocker arm solenoid valve was stuck OFF.

I took it to a shop and they replaced it!
Then I left and 1 day later, the light came back on.
So I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it again! With a GM part this time I believe (If I heard him correctly).
And it worked! For about 2 days. Then the light came on AGAIN.

I had the oil all changed and everything checked. after the second time, still, check engine light ON. What can I do? It's the same code and it seems like nothing is fixing it!

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
If I had to guess, pieces of the first broke and got stuck in the camshaft cover. If you replace the valve and any little pieces broke off they are stuck in the cover. You can replace the rocker arm valve over and over and the pieces are still stuck in the cover impeding oil flow. So you have to replace the camshaft cover in addition to the valve. Here is a link to the bulletin that describes it better than I probably typed:
There is also a program for free replacement but for some reason the 2015 was left out even though it is in the original bulletin. That program is here if you want to read it, perhaps the 2015 has been added: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10177367-9999.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts