Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nope, tightening is ignoring the bulletin and it will leak again. The new locking nuts/fasteners must be used along with the new gasket kit. Tightening the non-locking and admitted already loose and/or missing nuts just kicks the can a few months until they loosen again. Not to mention ruin the new headliner. I guess if the owner is getting rid of the car soon the next owner can just deal with it out of pocket.
ThanxI will mention this when the new headliner is installed.thats another thing wanna ask.im still waiting for the dealership to call me when the headliner and trunk floor cover arrives.is this normal to wait 5 days now or is this covid crisis slowing deliveries?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ThanxI will mention this when the new headliner is installed.thats another thing wanna ask.im still waiting for the dealership to call me when the headliner and trunk floor cover arrives.is this normal to wait 5 days now or is this covid crisis slowing deliveries?
I'm sorry I gave false information didnt read the invoice properly.they did replace the nuts and gasket.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,806 Posts
Awesome, thanks for updating. Getting the new headliner or any part can take some time. Not just covid but that has led to many delays.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts