Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Alright so this car is turning into a nightmare. 13’ 2.4L eco. with 150k on it. I had a massive oil blow out around serpentine belt. Dealer fix $1.5k said replaced bearings too. Within 5k miles bleed out 3qts due to a “dry rotted cartridge filter cap. Oh BTW timing chain guides disintegrated in case also TC housing had a leak. So in in the hole 3k. Got the car back & runs lethargic sometimes and rpms are just not hitting right. They will flutter at low speed & rough idle in reverse. No codes thrown. But i did notice a huge gash in my intake boot. I have no clue how long thats been there as it was on the underside. Oil residue all in the boot & TB. Replaced boot and cleaned TB & MAF. Ran better for a little while but now the car still runs like crap sometimes. Any suggestions. Im replacing the Throttle Body Intake & MAF myself. But it was suggested i put a new valve cover on for the built in PCV valve. Seriously WTF!!!! Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,949 Posts
After the second "repair" it is turned back to you running poorly. That would have been the right time to decline to accept it until it was actually right and ready. If that was recent, take it back. If it was quite some time ago then you're stuck where you are.

And, yes, the engineers really dug deep by making the PCV a part of the valve cover instead of a serviceable component. SMH...

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,518 Posts
I have no idea what is going on here as I have no idea what the vehicle history is like. The vehicle needs to go back to the shop/tech that returned the car in improper condition at the time of service. I see three options:

1) take it back to the shop that performed the work and let them know it is not working right
2) trade it in and move on
3) provide as much detail as possible here (such as any fault codes stored, results of the throttle body and MAF replacement) and see if anyone has some advice

I have also removed 3 other duplicate threads you have created throughout the day. Please, give others a chance to read, listen, respond, and keep your problems in this thread so other users/owners have as much info as possible. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts