Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a 2013 2.5 liter Malibu and this week a few times the wife said she had no rpms but when id go to check the car out it operates fine. So today i had the car in town and when i started it up the rpms was at 0 the engine seemed under powered but idled fine. I drove the street it still stayed at 0 but engine feeling under powered. I pulled over shut car off for 30 seconds and restarted and it worked fine.
Im assuming its a sensor of some kind?? What could it be? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Scan for codes is the first step. There are 4 code families in GM vehicles. P codes will trigger the check engine light but the other 3 may not. Your car is a computer on tires. Code scan points the direction to proceed to next.
Next is battery condition, a strong battery is essential. Just because the battery starts the car doesn't mean it's in good shape.
If no codes are stored in the computer system then a load test of the battery would be step 2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scan for codes is the first step. There are 4 code families in GM vehicles. P codes will trigger the check engine light but the other 3 may not. Your car is a computer on tires. Code scan points the direction to proceed to next.
Next is battery condition, a strong battery is essential. Just because the battery starts the car doesn't mean it's in good shape.
If no codes are stored in the computer system then a load test of the battery would be step 2.
Car is going for inspection later today and he is going to scan it to see if anything comes up. The battery seems good its only a year old i know that means nothing. Just on the on board screen it always reads above 12.5. Hopefully the scan will pick something up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts