Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just recently bought a 2lt and i noticed that the RPM's are at about 2100 at 60 with the speedo. At first i thought it was from breaks draging ( had a problem with breaks locking up 10 miles after i got it, then 2 days later they were sticking. dealership said there was a bulltien for it.) anyways, i dont know if it is because it is new and not broke in yet or is it is normal?

·
Registered
202 Posts
do you happen to know the bulletin number for the brakes?

I'll try to remember to watch my RPMs tomorrow on the morning drive to work and let you know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The RPMs were at about 2100 at 60mph this morning. 4cylinder, 4speed auto

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes that is what mine are also. I used to have a firebird in the 80's and if my memory serves me once up to speed would fall to around 1900. Like you I first wondered about this but that is what it has held at.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks.....

No I don't know the bulletin number, just called the dealership and they came and towed it back and fxed it. All they did was add a little washer and a gasket, i believe to the master cylinder for the brakes, to give it a little more play for the adj. brake padels, which they beleive causes the brakes to drag, mustbe no problems anymore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyone else seen where the engine speed changes frequently when using cruise control on a nearly flat highway?
I plan on driving to in the in-laws place in a couple of weeks and I will check on it. down here in southern indiana, we don't have too many flat highways, not for too many miles anyway....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.