Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM's....?

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Malo83 
#1 ·
hi, just recently bought a 2lt and i noticed that the RPM's are at about 2100 at 60 with the speedo. At first i thought it was from breaks draging ( had a problem with breaks locking up 10 miles after i got it, then 2 days later they were sticking. dealership said there was a bulltien for it.) anyways, i dont know if it is because it is new and not broke in yet or is it is normal?

#2 ·
do you happen to know the bulletin number for the brakes?

I'll try to remember to watch my RPMs tomorrow on the morning drive to work and let you know.

#6 ·
thanks.....

No I don't know the bulletin number, just called the dealership and they came and towed it back and fxed it. All they did was add a little washer and a gasket, i believe to the master cylinder for the brakes, to give it a little more play for the adj. brake padels, which they beleive causes the brakes to drag, mustbe no problems anymore.

#8 ·
I plan on driving to in the in-laws place in a couple of weeks and I will check on it. down here in southern indiana, we don't have too many flat highways, not for too many miles anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.