Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Malibu
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched this forum and a few others but I can only find very vague info about Saab coilovers on a 2012 Malibu. The reason I specify the year is that there is some decent info available on a 2008. But from what I understand the 2008's are in some way different than the other gen 7's. Thanks in advance for your time, I surely appreciate it.
Here is what I'm looking for:

1. What year range of the Saab 9-3 would I use? (I assume 03-12 just wanting to make sure)

2. Which modifications need to happen?

3. Do I need to get any parts from Chevrolet to make this happen? If so, does anyone know the part numbers?

(Someone vaguely mentioned strut mounts in a post and I can't seem to find any other info about them)

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
As you are likely aware, Gen7 model years ran from 2008 to 2012 in North America. However, GM has had a bad habit of selling a crossover from the previous generation a number of times. For the Gen6 models, they sold a 2008 and added Classic to the name. In recent years they add Limited instead.

AFAIK, so long as you source your parts for the Gen7 2008 Malibu and not the Gen6 2008 Malibu Classic, then there shouldn't be an issue with suspension parts. Make sure you have the option to return them if they're the wrong parts.

You can also look at Saturn Aura and Pontiac G6.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.