Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just came back from a trip from Canada... I got freaking chips and scratches ALL OVER my Malibu from those crappy New Brunswick roads and trucks kicking shiatt up at me and I'm pissed (I just noticed after I got the car washed and waxed).. so stupid arse me decides to put on the touch-up paint.. WHOOPS!!! Now it looks like someone regurgitated dried grey paint all over my hood... okay.. it's like a 1" x 1" blob but same thing.. :mad:

So I just ordered some uhmmm... "Langka Blob Eliminator" after reading about someone screwing up with their touch-up paint on their Lexus.. they said this stuff worked great so I'm hoping it'll help me out!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do while I'm waiting for this product to arrive?? Obviously after facking up my first scratch I stopped immediately LOL... I only applied that paint at like.. 12:50pm EDT this afternoon..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay so I just came back from a trip from Canada... I got freaking chips and scratches ALL OVER my Malibu from those crappy New Brunswick roads and trucks kicking shiatt up at me and I'm pissed (I just noticed after I got the car washed and waxed).. so stupid arse me decides to put on the touch-up paint.. WHOOPS!!! Now it looks like someone regurgitated dried grey paint all over my hood... okay.. it's like a 1" x 1" blob but same thing.. :mad:

So I just ordered some uhmmm... "Langka Blob Eliminator" after reading about someone screwing up with their touch-up paint on their Lexus.. they said this stuff worked great so I'm hoping it'll help me out!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do while I'm waiting for this product to arrive?? Obviously after facking up my first scratch I stopped immediately LOL... I only applied that paint at like.. 12:50pm EDT this afternoon..
I think you have taken a wrong decision. You should go for polishing only. There was no need to put a paint on it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I think you have taken a wrong decision. You should go for polishing only. There was no need to put a paint on it.
If the scratch was only in the clear coat you would be correct. However if bare metal is showing polish will not fix this problem. Touch up paint done correctly is really the only option.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Not much you can do in the meantime; plus anything you do before the blob eliminator will potentially just make it worse.

I would wait for the blob eliminator to come and than rest easy. As you mentioned I remember some else having used this stuff and they said it worked amazingly! patience and I am sure you will heed the same results.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this was like a month or two ago and yeah it was freaking AWESOME! I can't even remember where my screw-up happened on the hood haha.. thanks for your help!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Well this was like a month or two ago and yeah it was freaking AWESOME! I can't even remember where my screw-up happened on the hood haha.. thanks for your help!
LOL - Opps My bad...should have looked that the date...Sorry....Shows often I get to come on here now adays.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL - Opps My bad...should have looked that the date...Sorry....Shows often I get to come on here now adays.
hahah np np it's okay.. you're just getting OLD!!! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.