Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put this in washing, detailing, and waxing but idk if that's even the right category.... and I know this gets more attention and I'm freaking out LOL

-------------------

Okay so I just came back from a trip from Canada... I got freaking chips and scratches ALL OVER my Malibu from those crappy New Brunswick roads and trucks kicking shiatt up at me and I'm pissed (I just noticed after I got the car washed and waxed).. so stupid arse me decides to put on the touch-up paint.. WHOOPS!!! :mad: Now it looks like someone regurgitated dried grey paint all over my hood... okay.. it's like a 1" x 1" blob but same thing..

So I just ordered some uhmmm... "Langka Blob Eliminator" after reading about someone screwing up with their touch-up paint on their Lexus.. they said this stuff worked great so I'm hoping it'll help me out!

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I should do while I'm waiting for this product to arrive?? Obviously after facking up my first scratch I stopped immediately LOL... I only applied that paint at like.. 12:50pm EDT this afternoon..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AGH!! Thanks...

I'm never driving my car on a Canadian road again!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well le duhr!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had good luck applying touch up paint carefully to small chips and dings. Can you post a pic of what kind of trouble you're having?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had good luck applying touch up paint carefully to small chips and dings. Can you post a pic of what kind of trouble you're having?
I'd actually be really embarassed to do that... I REALLY ****** it up LOL!

It went from a tiny spot to a huge spread dull-looking blob....

I just scheduled to have my hood repainted LOL

Wish me luck? :(

I'm done with touch-up paint :mad:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'll try the blob eliminator when it ARRIVES! It was a holiday yesterday in massachusetts so there was no shipping within the state.... I'm supposedly getting it tomorrow >:-(

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Canada? Heck...I went to western Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving with a perfect '09 Malibu and after getting back, I had chips EVERYWHERE. Fascia, hood, mirrors, behind the wheels the paint was just sandblasted on the plastic rockers and rear bumper, chips in the wheels, etc. Horrific. Didn't happen on my way there, but rather coming back home on the lovely curvy, hilly PA roads freshly salted and covered in slush and that crap...

On my ex Summit White Malibu, it looked horrible...at least to me. Got a bottle of Dupli-Color touch up paint/pen and the same Langka Blob Eliminator kit. The key was to really blob (okay, not all over, but quite a bit in and slightly around the chips so there's still, really, a "blob" and it doesn't completely sink in when dried) and you may have to repeat this after it does dry/tack up the first time. Then, and I did this the next day after it sat and I blobbed the chips a second time, the blob eliminator on the little cloth, wrapped tightly and smoothly on my finger...rub, rub, rub and initially it doesn't seem like anything's happening, then boom, the excess disappears and you smooth it.

Should work similarly for the big blob you made, and any others. You'll just need a little more and rub more.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy CRAP

I just HAVE to say that that blob eliminator thing REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!! I am just totally amazed by this.. it's just a little liquid crap you put on a cloth and you can't even tell I had scratches NOR that I facked up my touch-up paint! It looks like nothing ever happened.. and I'm a perfectionist!

I HIGHLY recommend using it.. I ordered it from......

http://www.langka.com/blob-eliminator-p-31.html

Consider it should you get any scratches or chips you won't regret it!!

Just make sure you have the proper touch-up paint to match your vehicle as that's needed before you can use this!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.