Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was looking for recommendations for a touchscreen not flip out screen for a 2011 malibu that some here may have used or installed and kit that i may need. I would like it to have reliable gps, bluetooth and allow me to add a back up camera which i already purchased. If it is not an easy install I will probably see if my mechanic can do it. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help you can offer.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,234 Posts
While you're waiting, check the Search feature above and you may find some threads with pictures of the kind of unit you want.

·
Registered
2012 Malibu 2LT Switchblade Silver Metallic
28 Posts
In terms of in-unit nav, I'd personally steer clear of those, as they typically become out of date quickly, and the UI ages quickly (if it doesn't look and perform dated out of the box). I'd get a decent radio with CarPlay and Android Auto built in. This way you can plug your phone in and use your preferred navigation app from your phone on the unit. The radio will be cheaper, plus the map is always up to date. And as an added bonus, it's always charging your phone in the car!
The unit I'm using is the Sony XAV-AX5000, but I would've totally done the Sony XAV-AX7000 if it was out when I bought mine. They look very clean in the Malibu and work well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts