Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure seat belts are such a simple thing that can save lives but seriously - if I don't want to wear it why does the car have to annoy me. It's my decision - if you ask me the manufacturers should just give us the option if we want to turn that chime on or off... probably driven by the litigiousness of our society now. If it didn't remind us, some idiot would get in a car accident and get hurt not wearing his seatbelt and sue GM because he didn't take responsibility and remember to put on his own seatbelt because he thinks the car should do it for him... That being said, I second your question - how do we turn it off?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not sure one can turn it off, the sound is routed through the stereo system (using one of the speakers), unlike older models where there was a chime somewhere in the fuse box.

·
Registered
305 Posts
it is not something you can turn off. there is a reminder there because you legally have to wear your seat belt. it is a nice thing to have for people who forget to put it on.

fyi a lot of insurance companies will deny claims if you are in an accident...hurt...and didn't wear your seat belt..I see about 2-3 cases a month about it here at work

·
Registered
568 Posts
For one you dont need to ask and no one needs to answer even if there was an easy way to disable them.. Your asking people on this forum and putting the site in risk by disabling something that would break local laws and could possibly get the website in trouble for doing so.. So in short No there is not a way...

If you choose not to wear your seat belt that is on you and your life.. I could care less.. But don't put the site at risk for your choices..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Its against the law to tamper / remove or disable safety equipment in a vehicle.. PERIOD... It is also illegal to not wear your seat belt.. I didnt hark that your not nor did I preach to you about doing so.. What I did do is say your asking the site to tell you how to do something that is illegal therefore putting the site at risk.. I have been doing websites for years, owning, running and managing... I have seen sites get shut down for stuff like this.

if you dont want to wear it then dont.. but leave the site out of it..

·
CMF Honorary Member
982 Posts
I don't know for sure about the legality of posting methods to disable Seatbelts Chimes. Personally, I won't risk it. All posts deemed inappropriate have been removed or edited.

This Thread is closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.