Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 2016 premier. drivers seat does not go high enough for wife. can spacers be added under seat frame?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,378 Posts
I had thought the Premier had the power seat with height adjustment. The power seat in my LT goes quite high and works for my 5'1 wife. I can't imagine adding spacers would be good for safety but neither is not being able to see if the Premier height adjustment is that bad. Have you tried raising the seat as high as possible and lowering the steering wheel? Seems crazy the Premier seats would have inferior height adjustment compared to the LS/LT!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
Those risers won't work. Starting at least as early as 2008, the front seats are held down by 2 bolts on the rear feet. The front feet are inserted into a slots, then the rear of the seat is lowered into place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those risers won't work. Starting at least as early as 2008, the front seats are held down by 2 bolts on the rear feet. The front feet are inserted into a slots, then the rear of the seat is lowered into place.
thank you for this information.

·
Registered
2017 Malibu Premier
33 Posts
A beaded seat pad (or any kind of seat pad) will give you a little height. I use one and I notice the difference.

This is the one I use. It keeps me cooler in summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A beaded seat pad (or any kind of seat pad) will give you a little height. I use one and I notice the difference.

This is the one I use. It keeps me cooler in summer.
it would affect the seat heater 1/2 of the year.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,378 Posts
I tried looking through my service manual and subscription for specs on the height adjustment so we could at least determine if it is raising as far as it should. I couldn't find anything. I still feel like the premier seat should be raising as far as the LT. They're both 8 way seats but yes, different material and more features in the premier which I guess could be limiting.

What we need is a Premier owner to measure the seat at lowest position then highest to see how much it raises when working normally.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ah I see. I'm used to having my buddies install racing seats in their tuner cars day in and out so I just assume 4 bolts and bam.

I guess domestic does it differently. lol

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,638 Posts
Not sure who else does it that way, but Malibu does.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts