Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a great car, super smooth, great gas mileage, and lots of features, but it wasn't green in color, and now I factory ordered a '19 Nox in Ivy Metallic. :grin:

Anyone know someone interested in picking up a '16 Hybrid with Leather + all the tech packages?

I'm in Florida. Any suggestions on selling would be highly appreciated. Dealer wants to go cheap, of course. They talked it up on how unique and special these are up until they quote a price on the Nox and the trade-in :rolleyes: LOL. I'm on to them.

·
Super Moderator
721 Posts
Personally, try going to other places that buys cars and see what they'll offer you. I traded in my 2005 Impala for my 2011 Malibu and they gave me $1500 for it. I wasn't too upset over that because it was where I had it serviced all its life except for the blown head gasket and I knew and they knew there were lots of expensive leaks developing along with some slight tranny issues. It also had close to 150,000 miles on the clock and I had damaged the headliner because I'm tall and my hair gets greasy fast so it made a spot and started pulling it down. It was also repainted at auction so some of the "new" paint was visibly peeling. They ultimately sold it for $2500 and within a week some suckers had already bought it. Originally paid $9800 out the door for it and had it for 7 years so I think I got my monies worth out of it.

Also, if you can afford it, you might even want to try selling it yourself rather than trading it in. Private sales always get more money but then you run the risk of not being able to sell it in a timely manner. I probably could've gotten a bit more myself had I sold it myself instead of trading it in.

If it's not too personal, how much did the dealer want to offer you? Usually the most value drops within the first couple of years so I wouldn't be surprised they're trying to take that into consideration and low balling you. Do you usually do business with this dealership? This one I've been doing business with for quite some time so they might've been a little bit better to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts