Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my car to a Chevy dealership because is running real sluggish. last time it was running like this it was my Ignition pack #3. when I took a back this time they told me that it is my injectors #1and all 4 will need to be replaced and the fuel line. I had the code checked Code that is given out is P0300 with that have to anything to do with my injectors.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,676 Posts
@Cedericr
Fuel system service/injector cleaning is a lot simpler than all out replacement as the OP's dealer has recommended to cure a sluggish car. Dealers often recommend a fuel system service as a maintenance item as it costs them a little time and about ten bucks - no diagnosis necessary and great profit.

@Playtyme9
I can't see a much better armchair diagnosis coming from members of this forum other than what your dealer has suggested. If suspicious of the dealer diagnosis I would ask how they determined the issue was injectors from just a P0300 code. I would ask if a compression and leakdown test was performed and what the results were. I would ask if a cleaning treatment has been tried or why it would not work. How much do they want for replacement? $1000? 2000? The cost would guide me to a possible second opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
many times they look at the mileage of the car and make their recommendations off of that..nothing more and perhaps without symptoms...that is an example of when your repair facility or dealership service shop offers maintenance that your owners manual doesn't recommend at that point...

good luck with your car,

Bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I recall correctly, P0300 is multiple cylinder misfire code. It could be injector related, but there are many other things that could cause this same code so for them to tell you to replace injectors without further diagnosis seems like just trying to make more cash.

As far as the service stabilitrak, is your abs light on? Did the dealer read your code(s) for the electronic braking system? This generation is well known for the speed sensor ring on the hub to crack and flake off, especially on the rear, giving a no input signal to the module and tripping the abs light, service stabilitrak.

·
Registered
46 Posts
P0300 is a code for more than one miss fire. Did you run a counter to see what cylinders are not firing. A leak down test would tell you. Take a look at scanner Danner on you tube.He will take you step by step. But you may want to use a cleaner like Seafoam for a few tanks of gas. Scanner Danner will show you a trick that may work for you. If you are willing to take the time to watch him. He is very knowledgeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts