Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good video!!! Excellent, now I just wish mine had the Bluetooth.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hello all,

I have noticed that when I pair my BlackBerry 8820 I am able to make a phone call. However when the person picks up the phone call the BlueTooth disconnects and I am forced to use the BlackBerry. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Every time I get in the car do I have to re pair my blackberry to my car? The first few days it would just recognize that my phone was close and they would link but today I have had to re pair them every time I get back into the car. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong? Is there a setting that isnt right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every time I get in the car do I have to re pair my blackberry to my car? The first few days it would just recognize that my phone was close and they would link but today I have had to re pair them every time I get back into the car. Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong? Is there a setting that isnt right?
Set your BlackBerry to automaticly accept a pairing connection with the Malibu

Should be under options, bluetooth... You will have to allow the BlackBerry to be discoverable, also connect on power up set to yes. Hope that helps.. I paired my 8820 to my Malibu and it worked like a charm..

Keep in mind you may have to view the GM settings that the BlackBerry detects and fine tunes it.. What I found out when I used my 8820 as a phone is that if I use voice dialing it will dial the call and then disconnect from the Malibu..

I will then have to transfer the call back to the car radio.. However if I dial the call from the BlackBerry it will transfer to the Car and use it as a headset.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Smashing video!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well I give up. I have had no luck making my bluetooth work on a regular basis. No one at my dealer knows how to make it work. I have read all of the instructions in the manual, and nothing works. I am sure its something I am doing wrong but I cant figure it out. The dealer wants me to book it in and they will have the onstar/radio tech people come in and fix it for me.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Well I give up. I have had no luck making my bluetooth work on a regular basis. No one at my dealer knows how to make it work. I have read all of the instructions in the manual, and nothing works. I am sure its something I am doing wrong but I cant figure it out. The dealer wants me to book it in and they will have the onstar/radio tech people come in and fix it for me.
Did you go through the process exactly as malibudragon showcased it so perfectly in his video? If so, and you got the Bluetooth commands reading to you but they didn't work, there's a problem.

Otherwise, I hope you're not another Canadian buyer who didn't check off the $150 Bluetooth option, thinking it was standard. Did you?

By the way...I LOVE the Bluetooth, and after years of telling people "so what" when they complained GM never had BT, now I understand. It's fantastic, and is a must today.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey CDN Gril.. If your in the Kitchener/Waterloo area I can see about helping you with setting up the Bluetooth.. I have paired my 8820 BlackBerry when I was using it as a phone and my Motorola phone...

Can't hurt having a few devices and try to pair it to your LTZ see if its the phone or the Malibu itself.

Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes I did pay the money and do have bluetooth. I have had it working but I think I must have changed a setting some where and havent realized what I did. I may take you up on your offer Zeev, get back to you on that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes I did pay the money and do have bluetooth. I have had it working but I think I must have changed a setting some where and havent realized what I did. I may take you up on your offer Zeev, get back to you on that.
Keep me posted on what you decide.. We Malibu owners have to stick together particularly us LTZ 09 Owners :p

Either way if we have a few devices we should easily be able to eliminate the Malibu or the device. Funny thing since I switched back to m Motorola it works flawlessly. I haven't tried voice dialing yet to see if I experience my BlackBerry issue.

That issue was that once the phone dialed the number via voice it would disconnect from the Malibu and I would have to transfer it back to the Malibu..

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
That's great then. What exactly is it doing, other than just "not working"? Did you change a phone setting, maybe?

·
Registered
54 Posts
It seems like the car isnt seeing the phone and connecting. When I do get it connected by re pairing it again, I can turn the car off, I see that the connection is disabled, then when I turn the car back on it will ask me to accept the connection. Nothing wrong there it works, but when I leave the car for a longer period of time it wont prompt me to connect again.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
It seems like the car isnt seeing the phone and connecting. When I do get it connected by re pairing it again, I can turn the car off, I see that the connection is disabled, then when I turn the car back on it will ask me to accept the connection. Nothing wrong there it works, but when I leave the car for a longer period of time it wont prompt me to connect again.
Hmm, odd. The only thing I ran into was not wanting to have to confirm the connection on my phone when I got in, and changed my phone's setting to authorize that automatically every time I get in.

When I do, with the phone in my pocket after the ignition is turned on, generally I see "Bluetooth" on the radio within a few seconds and all is set to go without a prompt.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Hmmm that is strange... Well have you tried allowing all connections on your phone? With my BlackBerry I leave it to always connect and it never disconnects.. Same with my Cellphone. You just have to make sure your phone is discoverable.. Either way if you want help just ask, we can set something up if we have to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok, so after having the car into the dealer and having MASS come into look at the system, I get a call from my service department. They tell me that MASS was able to contact the bluetooth system. DUH!!! I could have told them that. So I decided to call MASS myself. Explained to them what my situation was and they came up with a solution. Apparently there are a few others who have had the same problem as me and it just needs a software upgrade. So once again car has to go back to the dealer, hopefully this time it will come back fixed.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am having the same issue as CDN girl, i have the iphone. if i leave car for long enough (couple hours), it wont automatically reconnect when i get back in the car. I have to unpair and then re-pair. Does this seem like a software issue?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
i am having the same issue as CDN girl, i have the iphone. if i leave car for long enough (couple hours), it wont automatically reconnect when i get back in the car. I have to unpair and then re-pair. Does this seem like a software issue?
thanks in advance
I did notice that on my Nokia phone I had to "authorize" the GM BT device to connect without requesting authentication (or something similar), check that setting on the phone you are using.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
following the advise from another thread on this forum, i took the 'bu' in to my local chevy dealer and they new about the issue. They downloaded the new software for onstar and i was on my way in a couple hours. my iphone connects EVERY time i get in now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still need to take mine in.. Its due for an Oil Change/ Tire Rotation and the recall

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.