Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't participated in this forum in a while - which is a shame, because I loved my 2010 Malibu. The reason I didn't participate is because it was, for a while, a highly reliable daily driver. That all came to an end Sunday night, when this happened. My wife was driving her to a friend's house when she dropped her tires off of a steep shoulder. Before she could recover, she hit the edge of a driveway; the car rolled into the ditch, then plowed head-first into the embankment of a second driveway, which caused it to start flip-rolling until it came to rest upside down. As the title indicates, though, my wife survived everything. Not completely intact - she has 3 cracked vertebrae and some internal damage, but she didn't even have to have surgery (though she's in a back brace for 3 months). Given the damage, I'll take my blessings that she's even alive at this point, let alone as relatively uninjured as all that. And I'll absolutely buy another Chevy now that the last two I've owned have saved my life and my wife's life, respectively.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
That's wonderful news, given the circumstances and the destroyed appearance of the car. Very glad your cars have kept you and your wife safe. Thank you for posting that story!

·
Administrator
16,621 Posts
Wow, so glad to hear she's ok!

Please accept my personal thoughts of good will toward you and your family.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Damn that is really scary seeing the car and it's damage. Glad your wife is ok.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Wow, I am glad too that she will be fine. Those Gen 7's are proven to protect the passengers! I remember the impressive videos online depicting Gen 7 Bu vs. some 1959 behemoths in a head on crash test where the 2009 dummy occupant survived. I hope that the Gen 8 and 9's are equally safe. (when I totalled my gen 7, I remember my glasses got knocked off into the back seat as my biggest worry)...CPS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
Bargan Master
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing