Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I've been using Amalie full synth. in my fleet for a couple years. I buy it buy the case online.
In fact the Equinox is going to get a full fluid service today. Engine, trans. and transfer case and a magnetic drain plug is going into the trans. .

Reactions: Doworkscotty

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
All 4 wheel and AWD have a transfer case. The 'nox is full time AWD , my Tahoe is 4wd shiftable to 2wd rear drive, auto 4wd, full time 4wd and 4wd low range. That's traditional 4wd.
Auto mode in it keeps front axle locked and sends power to front when rear wheel slippage is detected when in auto 4 mode. In 4wd all axles are always engaged fully.
My Traverse is shiftable to FWD or AWD. Transfer case in it sends power to the rear when AWD is selected.
Equinox and Traverse AWD has no low range like my Tahoe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Every now and then a shift may seem weird going around a corner in all of my fleet as the miles go on them.
It's like the computer doesn't know what gear to go to. My Traverse doesn't do it as it's new but the rest of the fleet is over 70k miles and it happens occasionally, especially on a 10-15 mph roll around the corner. I'd say normal operation plus now your hypersensitive to it.
it did it again. getting off expressway and there’s a light. Wanna say it’s always between 3-4 when it does it. Gotta be the software like you said. If it was hardware, be every time. Also reading somewhere that driving different routes then normal and driving styles affects it too. Now I can’t find the article.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Today while driving I believe I got two shift flares between 5-6. Rpm just under 2000 and I swear it goes up maybe 50-100 rpm? When I don't need to get to 55 fast. I haven't been experiencing the shift flares between 2-3 or 3-4 in a long time which I'm happy about but I have this now. I try to get it on video to see if my brain is playing tricks on me and I can't get it to do on video. Have you experienced this @repairman54?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Normal , it may hunt a little going in/out of overdrive at that speed not to mention torque convertor locking / unlocking.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Today while driving I believe I got two shift flares between 5-6. Rpm just under 2000 and I swear it goes up maybe 50-100 rpm? When I don't need to get to 55 fast. I haven't been experiencing the shift flares between 2-3 or 3-4 in a long time which I'm happy about but I have this now. I try to get it on video to see if my brain is playing tricks on me and I can't get it to do on video. Have you experienced this @repairman54?
I take that back. Happened today coming home from work getting off the expressway. But I'll take that over what it use to do. Weekly if not multiple times a week. Was maybe 2-400 rpm flare so not too bad.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And it's back. Did it a couple times today. 🤬 more frustrating then anything. I try to get it on video and it doesn't do it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Now today I was getting a rough down shift. When coming to a stop. Felt like my car was lunging forward if that makes sense. It did it worse when I was leaving work. I have no idea.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts