Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

301 - 303 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would be great ... the dealership fixed this problem on my car 9 months ago ... and it’s doing it again ... they were going to charge me but I fought that because my car was 2 weeks over the warranty ...I wonder if they really replaced it or just bent it ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
@campb292 I recently went on a several hundred mile road trip and rented a 2020 Malibu LT for the trip. I did notice as you mentioned in post #284 that the shifter felt much better. I haven't received the message since ~28,000 miles (at 42,600 now) but I'm sure it was replaced with the older part model since it was in 2018 when replaced. On a possible related note, I also receive P1767 which refers to Up/down Shift Switch 1 Circuit - this is accompanied by a "Service Transmission" message. This was only obtained by using a higher end scan tool. Anyway, it seems to not have a problem if I push the shifter down with a small amount of force, go slowly, and try not to wiggle it much. Possibly lending credence to the fact that the shifter has too much slack.

On a side note, this make me go out and purchase a 2005 Silverado WT basic roll windows, manual locks, drive by cable, regular cab... just a simple vehicle with less to go wrong.

301 - 303 of 303 Posts