Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
401 - 406 of 406 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reading all the posts with this problem, I want to make sure they fix it properly!
Im a bit confused, should I insist on a full shifter and harness replacement? I'm seeing harness is temp fix, yet harness replacement is the recommended fix on bulletin......I'm still under warranty and it's a 2018 of redline, I'm at exactly 18K miles...please advise 😶. I wonder how they will handle a 61yr old lady telling them how to do their job! LOL
Btw, this forum is awesome, lots of helpful info...thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,221 Posts
@Bettelou

The most recent bulletin (see post 2) instructs the tech to replace the faulty switch that is part of the shifter along with adding a new harness. We don't have any data on whether it works long term yet. We'll know in a few years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Bettelou

The most recent bulletin (see post 2) instructs the tech to replace the faulty switch that is part of the shifter along with adding a new harness. We don't have any data on whether it works long term yet. We'll know in a few years.
Thanks for replying, this is making me nervous, guess I just have to wait and see if fix works campb292, you've been very helpful...it's appreciated 😁

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I took my car to the Dealer and if course during the time they had my car it didn't happen. But they did so a recall while they had my car! ? Of course 2 days later it happened again I had to let it run while I ran in a store because I just couldn't get it to turn off. I did manage to get it to turn off after shifting to park letting it idle and then turning off. I did take a video of it but th e dealer said they couldn't find what was wrong if it didn't do it while they had my car. I'm really afraid one time it's not going to turn off at work or some where that I can't let it run for a little bit.
There is a video on you tube showing the 'shift-to-park' condition and what's the problem with it. I had to change the whole shifter mechanism, twice, both under regular warranty and the extended one. The dealer said on the 2nd time that GM changed the faulty switch mechanism with a new electrical ruff. So far, no problem yet!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi coco...had my repair on Thursday...shifter feels firmer...I'm hoping they used the new part you mentioned ... Thankfully I'm still under warranty until 2022...I surely hope this is proper fix

I just have to add...that having to duplicate the issue while there is b.s....makes me mad...thankfully they didn't try that! They know its an issue and that you're not lying and going there for nothing..its red tape..lol..getting off my podium

401 - 406 of 406 Posts