Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I have 2011 Malibu that left me stranded out in town. Automatic transmission console shifter just floppin back and forth so under hood I see end of cable not on the transmission shifter the middle of the cable hookup was gone so no way to keep the cable connected to the transmission. So I manually put the car in park under the hood then placed cable over the tranny hardware. I was able to start the car and get it in drive before it came off so I get home. The auto part guy doesn’t even kno what the replacement piece is called and can’t find anything so I go back out to look at it again Ended up best thing to do was just remove the shifting bracket on tranny ( front wheel drive) then I ground off the back side of the hardware with the little ball ( looks like a little tow ball u put on ur receiver. I then knocked out the little ball thing put a bolt through the bottom of bracket then cut a like 1/4 inch of 1/4 inch copper and slid it onto the so the shift cable loop could move without wearing out the inside of the plastic of the cable end finished it off with a nylon threaded nut tightened down but allowed for movement of the tranny hardware shifter. Now it’s better than how it was made and will probably last forever. Just sayin. Thnx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts