Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
also remember that changing the spring height may affect your suspension which could be an improvement or detriment but when you play engineer you take responsibility for your decision...lowered may or may not cause issues is all I'm saying...many people do it so check those threads before making your decision...

good luck with your ride

Bill

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
the bottom strut includes information for the QW0 wheel...that shows 16" by 6.5 wheel...is that the wheel your car came with???...

the top one shows your 7BC suspension with the R1U wheel that is a 17" by 8 wheel...can you see any number markings on your actual strut???

Bill
I have the R1H wheel. It's also 16" but clearly uses the top strut. Its so damn confusing isn't it? I almost think either strut would work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
also remember that changing the spring height may affect your suspension which could be an improvement or detriment but when you play engineer you take responsibility for your decision...lowered may or may not cause issues is all I'm saying...many people do it so check those threads before making your decision...

good luck with your ride

Bill
I found slightly more clarity. Of course only the 2013 model, which I have, has a choice of two different types of struts. The 2014 and 2015 models settled on the shorter strut for all models and wheels. Of course thats the one that does not seem to be recommended for my car lol.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts