Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm glad I found this forum for the all new 'Bu!
I just signed the papers today on a 2008 Malibu 2LT 4 cylinder. It's Black Granite w/Ebony interior, Prem. Sound Pkg, Sun Roof, Rear Power Pack.

I originally ordered the same car, but in Gray Metallic. They told me GM wasn't building the 2LT's at the time I ordered, so I was able to snag one that was coming in (should arrive next week).

I am extremely excited! I'm coming from a 2006 Ford Fusion SEL V6. I'm gonna miss her, but when I test drove the 'Bu, I was hooked (even going from a 6 to a 4).

As soon as she arrives, I will post pics!

Patrick

·
Registered
112 Posts
plgtx,

I'm headed in Monday to order my 2LT. The dealer indicated to me they had a 2LT order in line that I could "takeover" so-to-speak and make changes to up until Tuesday. I've just got to pick a color. Can't decide between the Imperial Blue and the Dark Gray.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can't find any 2LTs at dealers in my area in NJ. Surprisingly I saw a base model LS with no options at a local dealer. It was at the advertised price of $19,999. Amazing, since it is still a sharp looking car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think the 2LT's are one of the best trim levels. It was the heated Ultralux seats that did it for me:) Here in the Dallas Metroplex, there are more LTZ's and 1LT's than any others. In fact, I am constantly starting to see 1-2 1LT's on the road almost everyday (can tell by the Chrome-tech wheels).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's hope for a speedy delivery, Patrick! The more I drive mine, the more I like it. Best of luck with yours. :)
Thank you....I'm anxiously waiting by my cell phone for "the call" that it has come in. All they can tell me is any-time now....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Signed, sealed, and NOW delivered!

She is here, and is great! I posted some pictures in the gallery. It is such a smooth riding, classy vehicle. I feel like I'm driving a much more expensive car than what it is! Can't wait to take it on a road trip to Houston in a couple of weeks:D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Here is picture of plgtx's car.

It looks good.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Plgtx
Hope you did not mind me posting your pics.

What is mounted to the upper right side of your dash?

I just noticed if you click on a picture you can get a full screen view.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plgtx
Hope you did not mind me posting your pics.

What is mounted to the upper right side of your dash?

I just noticed if you click on a picture you can get a full screen view.
That is my radar detector. I got stopped recently in a suburb crawling with cops in Tahoe's....That was when I realized I needed a detector!

Salgeek,
I think the Titanium's are the best looking also. What's funny is, my wife suggested some 18's or 19's.....decisions decisions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have anymore pictures of the interior? The combination that you have is exactly what I would want, 2LT black on black, but I haven't seen any interior pictures besides yours. Also, what are your impressions of the 4 cylinder...I have never thought about buying a 4 in the past but with gas prices going where they are I am considering it.

I test drove the Infiniti G35x recently and loved that car, however, it is tough to justify spending $40,000 on a car when you can get a perfectly good one for $25,000 ($15,000 less). I have narrowed my selection down to the malibu, accord and camry...while I don't want to be another accord/camry driver I am concerned about the longterm reliability of the malibu.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will take more pictures of the interior when I get home from work.

I have had a Jetta VR6, a 2003 Accord V6 coupe, and my Ford Fusion V6. I noticed that I didn't use what the V6 had to offer but maybe 10% of the time. The Malibu's 4 cylinder is the smoothest and quietest 4 cylinder I've ever driven. Like you, I just couldn't justify the gas for a V6 any more, and I will probably never by a V6 again!

I salivate at the G35 and the new Pontiac G8, but I have nowhere I can even LEGALLY drive that fast to make a difference anyway!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I will take more pictures of the interior when I get home from work.

I have had a Jetta VR6, a 2003 Accord V6 coupe, and my Ford Fusion V6. I noticed that I didn't use what the V6 had to offer but maybe 10% of the time. The Malibu's 4 cylinder is the smoothest and quietest 4 cylinder I've ever driven. Like you, I just couldn't justify the gas for a V6 any more, and I will probably never by a V6 again!

I salivate at the G35 and the new Pontiac G8, but I have nowhere I can even LEGALLY drive that fast to make a difference anyway!
One of the other cars I am considering is the G8, but the V-6 model.

·
Registered
795 Posts
One of the other cars I am considering is the G8, but the V-6 model.
If we lived further south and did not have to deal with snow, the G8 would have been high on my wife's list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.