Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve lost SiriusXM signal on my factory installed 2012 Malibu. It started as an occasional signal loss and now it’s just gone. I suspect antenna issue but where exactly is the antenna? In the shark fin on top? I pulled part of the headliner down but without removing the entire thing you’d have to be a contortionist to see anything. Any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,964 Posts
SiriusXM (I think that it was actually just XM in Gen7) antenna is the shark fin on the roof. It's also the OnStar antenna if I'm not mistaken.

There is a satellite module mounted in the center of the rear deck, beneath the plastic cover. The antenna goes directly there, then a Fakra antenna cable runs to the HU up front.

You may be able to access an antenna junction on the right end of the dash by opening the door and removing the inspection panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SiriusXM (I think that it was actually just XM in Gen7) antenna is the shark fin on the roof. It's also the OnStar antenna if I'm not mistaken.

There is a satellite module mounted in the center of the rear deck, beneath the plastic cover. The antenna goes directly there, then a Fakra antenna cable runs to the HU up front.

You may be able to access an antenna junction on the right end of the dash by opening the door and removing the inspection panel.
I really appreciate this info. I’m not very smart or car savvy but I think what your saying is the antenna for XM is in the fin? Do you have to go through the headliner to access that?

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
Yes, it's in the fin.

I'm not sure if you get to it from underneath or above, and I'd hate to tell you one thing and then have you damage it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I popped the headliner and saw several connections. They all seem plugged and dry. So I’m back to the drawing board on why it says no signal. It has to be an antenna issue. The owners manual didn’t show any fuses for antenna, I looked at the inspection panel but all looked solid there. I’m not sure where the rear deck is. Being factory installed no stereo stores or even Best Buy wanted to touch It, other than selling and installing all new radio and equipment. I cant even imagine what the dealership might want to charge.

·
Administrator
17,964 Posts
The rear deck is the small shelf behind the rear seat, under the window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts