Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this? Only when in gear and idling or slight pressure on the accelerator - a rattle on the passenger side of the car. Can't tell exactly where it is coming from. Its a 4cyl 6spd auto LTZ. Took it in today to get a new console ordered, came from the dealer with a big gouge on the passenger side by the seat, like a screwdriver dug in it. Anyway, heard the rattle there as I pulled off and then listened with the radio off. Light throttle made it occur and also idling in gear. Put it in neutral and it stops. Ideas? Thanks,

·
Registered
701 Posts
Bob....Sounds like a loose panel of sorts. There is a thread in this forum (Sorry can't seem to find it) about using a product called Dynomat - It is a noise deadening product.

I would probably say take it back to the dealer at first and see if they can diagnois the problem for you.

Sorry I haven't had this issue, but wanted to atleast give you some help (I hope)

Cheers

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob....Sounds like a loose panel of sorts. There is a thread in this forum (Sorry can't seem to find it) about using a product called Dynomat - It is a noise deadening product.

I would probably say take it back to the dealer at first and see if they can diagnois the problem for you.

Sorry I haven't had this issue, but wanted to atleast give you some help (I hope)

Cheers
Its one of the lines on the firewall, though have to find out which one and see how to fix it. Going to look at it myself, though probably go to the dealer tomorrow. Will report what it is, thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it fixed on my own. Had my wife sitting in the car and I looked under the hood at the diff. lines. As soon as I leaned in and put my hand on the air cleaner box, the noise stopped! The box was not secured in the front corner and was causing the noise. Simple fix, felt better about it all. Still don't see how the cover comes off the motor and leaves the line going to the air cleaner box - waiting on a reply and pic on that. Thanks, Bob:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue. It has been 90 to 100 degrees outside for the last couple days and I am wondering if that could cause my car to freak out. Does anyone have any answers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.