Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I discovered that someone hit my car with their door in a parking lot. I didn't see it happen or who did it. I always try to park strategically but there is only so much you can do and they always seem to seek you out and get you.

The one good thing about it was the body side moldings that I debated on getting for a while before ordering the car did their job. The molding took the hit and kept the rest of the door safe.

Now there is paint missing from where the molding took the hit. Is there any good place to get touch up paint online so I don't have to make a trip to the dealer?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, same thing happened when I went to Knoxville to visit some friends. I parked in the UT visitor's lot and came back the next morning and my door lining had a very slight indentation on it and a white scuff. It rubbed right off, thankfully, and you can barely notice the denotation.

I do not really trust internet sites for something like touch-up paint. I would rather just go to the dealership...spare yourself the trouble and get the last 8 digits of your VIN so they can look up your color code (I had to run back and forth twice).

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't understand why there are so many assholes out there. That is so rude of them it's not their car and they have no right to be damaging that. I never have or would ever do something so careless like that.. I actually hate that so much that if I ever saw someone do that to someone else's car.. I'd right down the license plate number/description and be sure the owner of the damaged car got it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some people treat cars like an old pair of shoes... they probably didn't think twice about it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Pretty expensive shoes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm with you Schwartz, here I thought I was the only one who keeps watch over where they park to avoid anyone hitting their car. Just last week I took they wife to a local mall and parked in the boondocks, thinking it should be safe from idiots. Well, I guessed wrong. As I approached the passenger side door, to let my wife in, I noticed an abrasion mark on the back door above the molding and a definite hit to the molding itself. I knew the wife didn't hit it with her pocketbook by mistake as it was the second stop we made that day and I constantly eye the car for marks. However, there was a white truck parked 2 spots over and up from the driver side and I believe they probably hit it then drove to the other location.

My Malibu is black, which is a mistake because that color seems to be more sensitive to scratches. What I've been doing is using a black Sharpie for thin scratches and it works ok. The touch-up paint goes on too thick and it sticks out that it was retouched. I just recently used some paint thinner to rub out the abrasion marks with about 80-90%success. I also plan to mix a drop off paint thinner to the touch-up paint and apply it with a very fine artist brush to see if that will give me a neater and unnoticable repair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Jeez , theres absolutley nothing worst than inconsidered people who don't know how to park right and open there doors , I've seen someone do it ina parking lot , with a shopping cart , just let it go down hill , time i got to where they were they were taking off , and I got a red light , so couldnt identify them , if i see carts in a lot or anywhere where there not supose to be I will put them where there supose to be. How can people be so lazy.
On another note my dealer gave me touch up paint with my 08 Bu and he said it only costs him like $10.00 so If i were you just check the dealer and see if he'll do ya a favor.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since getting my Bu, I have made a point to park far away from everyone, even if it means parking well away from where i need to go. To date, Over one year now since getting my car, I have not one scratch or dent. Just small rock chips in front from the highway. Not to put anyone down that has a "BEATER", but i will not park next to a older car. If it's got dents or just looks like it's not been taken care of, I will walk a distance to avoid them. As well as in a parking lot that has the shopping cart corrals, I park up hill from them to avoid the soccer mom with her hands full letting her cart run loose, to wind up slamming at light speed in to my car. Mistakes happen and no one is perfect, but i have loss count on how many times i've seen a cart run loose to hit someones car. At some point it will happen, but until that fateful day, I will park in another state on top of a mountain with a moat around it to avoid the "inconsiderate", the "I don't care about you and your stuff attitudes", the " Too lazy to put my cart where it belongs" assholes, the "oh look, someone has a new car, I'll scratch it with my key" bastards, and the " I'm in a hurry and pissed off at something or someone, fling my door into theirs" pieces of human debris. Be on Guard fellow malibu owners, be on guard.

·
Registered
303 Posts
well sadly I noticed someone dinged the back of my car by the rear wheel well, it's not big but quite noticable.....really wanna fix it but damn, if I find out who did it I would like to give their car a nice little dent in the door....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.