Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went outside yesterday, I noticed that my front passenger window looked like it was covered in spider webs. When I got close to the window, I saw that it was shattered. One of my neighbors left a note on my car saying they saw some guys trying to kick in my car window. Luckily, the windows in the Malibu are so thick the damage didn't go all the way through the glass. Never thought that would be such a great safety feature and theft deterrent. Another reason why I love my 'bu!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stupid criminals! The back windows aren't laminated.

I have read though that the laminated glass works well as a theft deterrent. They would need more time and make more noise to get through the window and hopefully like in your case someone will notice and scare them off. Sounds like it works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing I'm worried about now is replacing the window. I want to make sure I get the same type of glass as before. I figure I should take it back to the dealership to ensure this but I wish I knew where I could purchase it myself and get it faster and cheaper.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Squikee....

I think as of right now, the dealership has the glass....I know you can get the same glass. Ask Phil (The one doing the speaker switch in his Bu') He accidentially broke his drivers side window - gonna cost about $340 if I remember correctly to replace.

Wouldn't hurt to call some auto glass places, but I would be like you and want the same glass installed.

Here is his thread about his install and the window issue.
http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats sucks.....i know how that glass is though. I live/work on a junk yard and sometime we would have to bust windows to chain them up, we would beat on them with a chain hook and sometimes a hammer and they wouldn't break...

·
Registered
201 Posts
thats sucks.....i know how that glass is though. I live/work on a junk yard and sometime we would have to bust windows to chain them up, we would beat on them with a chain hook and sometimes a hammer and they wouldn't break...

How is the U.P.? I'm thinking about moving up there...

(I just noticed you lived in Iron Mountain)

·
Registered
19 Posts
How is the U.P.? I'm thinking about moving up there...

(I just noticed you lived in Iron Mountain)
The U.P. isnt all that bad...some what hard to find work. Fairly quite we do have our share of crime. last week or so there was a 38 shoot 4 teens and killed 3 from 10feet away may have heard it on the news...is was 3 blocks from where i work. overall it isnt all that bad i was in st. louis, mo for 15 yrs then here for going on 5

·
Registered
201 Posts
The U.P. isnt all that bad...some what hard to find work. Fairly quite we do have our share of crime. last week or so there was a 38 shoot 4 teens and killed 3 from 10feet away may have heard it on the news...is was 3 blocks from where i work. overall it isnt all that bad i was in st. louis, mo for 15 yrs then here for going on 5

I'm getting a little tired of living in a city with over 200,000 people in it.

And to the threadstarter, you should be watchin your neighbors 'cause if they left a note like that saying that they witnessed it happening but didn't do anything about it... it may be to lead you to think it was someone else and they may have been the ones who did it.

Even so, that's being a bad neighbor not helping out your nextdoor neighbor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What if his neighbour is a 95 year old lady. LOL. Think of the safety of others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Squikee....

I think as of right now, the dealership has the glass....I know you can get the same glass. Ask Phil (The one doing the speaker switch in his Bu') He accidentially broke his drivers side window - gonna cost about $340 if I remember correctly to replace.

Wouldn't hurt to call some auto glass places, but I would be like you and want the same glass installed.

Here is his thread about his install and the window issue.
http://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552
I got the window replaced but it cost me $720. Initially, my insurance company thought it would be less than my deductible but now they have to refund me the difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And to the threadstarter, you should be watchin your neighbors 'cause if they left a note like that saying that they witnessed it happening but didn't do anything about it... it may be to lead you to think it was someone else and they may have been the ones who did it.

Even so, that's being a bad neighbor not helping out your nextdoor neighbor.
That actually crossed my mind. What they claimed happened seemed so stereotypical but they did call the police; however, the police officer didn't get a response at my door which makes me wonder which door was he knocking on. I think whoever did it was trying to get my gps so I have that hidden now. Lesson learned, I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.