Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is a good spot to run a power wire from the battery to the truck

·
Registered
72 Posts
where is a good spot to run a power wire from the battery to the truck
If you don't have the rear power option you might be able to find an unused heavy duty power connection somewhere inside the back of the center console. Just a guess. Then run the extra wires under the carpet under the seats and into the trunk.

If you already have the power option you still might be able to splice into the connection somewhere. You might not want to run both the sound system and the power outlet at the same time though. The inverter might put a lot of noise on the line.

DrD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got two 1200w amps it the trunk with two 15 in subs and everything is hooked up its just i dont know how to get the power wire throw the fire wall to power my amps and finding a power connection under the dash sounds to hard and something for my to screw up on

·
Registered
148 Posts
Theres a hole in the firewall next to the driver side strut tower and the Fuse box in the engine bay its tucked down in there so get a flashlight. Then in the car underneath the steering wheel and dash theres a hush panel that you take down if you look up in there with the hood open you sould be able to see daylight form that hole when you spot it feed the wire through and boom you really to run it to the trunk.

I ran my wire underneath the door sill pieces but I want to run it right down the cent underneather the center console and then under the carpet and backseat

·
Registered
38 Posts
well i got two 1200w amps it the trunk with two 15 in subs and everything is hooked up its just i dont know how to get the power wire throw the fire wall to power my amps and finding a power connection under the dash sounds to hard and something for my to screw up on

I ran mine through the firewall under the drivers side. It is the gromet where the hood release cable goes through the firewall. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.