Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6x8 speakers I wanted to install the opening space in the trunk. However the hole is too big and I can’t find a bracket for it has anyone tried to install? Should I get 6x9 instead? I have a 2018 LT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Lzbattle7. I have the same car as you do now, and I had the same problem. I wanted to install new 6x9 speakers in my car, so I was asking my friends, some relatives, colleagues, but no one could help me at all. I decided to search in Google the best variant for me. According to reviews from https://www.audio-direct.com/2020/03/31/what-is-the-best-budget-microphone/, I bought Pioneer TS A6970F. I’ve been using them for 3 months, and I can say that their sound is great, and also they have an excellent frequency range. In my humble opinion, you should buy 6x9 speakers, because there are a lot of speakers, which is worth buying.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes you’ll need 6x9s. If I understand correctly there are no speakers there. If correct, youll need to bolt or zip tie them to the opening. Preferably the former. I just completed a speaker replacement in the rear deck of my ‘20 Premium. I had to essentially destroy the OEM speakers to cut and chip away at the attached bracket to get the new speakers attached to. At least I had a bracket to work with. Good luck.

Reactions: niche70

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since you don’t have speakers back there what are you going to use for wiring and are you replacing the deck lid as there are no openings for speakers in it? I have a 2020 LS and have no rear speakers but this seems like it might add a little more sound for not much money

·
Registered
335 Posts
Deck lid and package tray both have openings.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Good luck.

Reactions: Mynewbu87

·
Registered
117 Posts
The factory Bose Speaker (With Malibu's equipped with that particular system) come with 6x9's in the rear that look like this.

The closest thing that will adapt (But not 100% certain) are these Metra speaker adapters for 2014+ GM trucks that have 6x9 speakers in the doors or so.

I think the adapters might work knowing GM just copy n pastes their speaker dimensions on almost all their vehicles. I am using 2010+ Camaro front door speaker adapters to fit 6.5'' components in my 2016 1LT. Though the profile is too tall for the rear deck so it would need to be trimmed and the 6x9 would need to be custom mounted. In that case its best to make custom speaker adapters and pay the shop to do so.

Its been years now and been I've been thinking about running 6x9 subwoofers (Yes they do exist out there) or 6.5'' with 6x9 adapters. Something bonkers like that. But Bass is not a priority as mid-bass is good enough for me at the moment. I'm not a professional. I used to install as a fun hobby but now taking a very long break.

Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Adding speakers in rear and front adding 6x9 in the trunk space. Replacing AMP adding LC6 install new subs (from 10s to 12s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Curious with the results specially for the bracket used. We'll be working on buddy's Malibu soon right after we finished installing the brake kit and hankook tires on the current truck project. He got this set of 6x8 speakers from his old truck he plan to install on his Malibu.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts