Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are you guys getting them,? how much? Wheels off to install? No drilling? Prices? Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered from www.CrateEngineDepot.com @ $34 a pair. Both pairs shipped were $82.95 came out about $5 cheaper than the guy I found on eBay. I had them in two days and put them on yesterday evening.

They are the geniune GM splash guards with all hardware included. You have to drill two additional holes per splash guard in addition to the existing holes and hardware that's there now. But with the exception of the one hole for each of the fronts you'll be drilling into plastic (or what ever composite they call it). For the rears you'll need to remove the tires. Took a little over an hour for all four but I spent time looking at the Bu from the underside and checking the torque on all the wheels.

EDIT: better link but the price has gone up from what I paid last weekend... http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Exterior-C240.aspx

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I just ordered a set of splash guards for Forum Sponsor Buy-OEM-Parts.com. They were $35 for each set and $10.50 shipping. Total charge $80.50.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Update to previous post:

I just received a phone call from buy-OEM-parts.com informing me their web page is in error. The pricing isn't correct. The price is now over $40 a set. I was irritated and told them to cancel the order. :mad: The web page is still showing the wrong price.

I have a call into them. I feel the need to express my anger and disappointment.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
Must be made with Oil.
And supplied with gold screws!

Update:

I received an e-mail from our Sponsor buy-OEM-parts.com and all is well. Seems GM raised a lot of their accessory prices effective 9/1/08. If my guards shipped today I should have them tomorrow, Friday for sure. We're supposed to get a lot of rain in SE Pa on Saturday due to hurricane Hanna passing. Hopefully, I can get them installed Sunday.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I received the Splash Guards Friday from our Forum Sponsor, www.buy-OEM-parts.com. The packaging was adequate and the parts arrived in perfect condition. The installation was easy and only took about an hour, maybe a little longer because I took advantage of cleaning and treating the wheel wells while I had the wheels off.

My drill is rather large, so I ran into a little difficulty with drilling one of the holes for the rear guards. I wound up drilling a smaller hole (3/32" instead of the 1/4" required) to use just as a spotter. Then I was able to drill the 1/4" from behind after finding the spotter.

Trust me, if I can do it anyone can. :eek:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Chad, I thought about posting a pic or two, but another member posted photos of his. I try to find his.

Here's a link to BuckyFan's photos

Here's a link to Jerkyking's photos. These photos will show them installed on the Red Jewel.
Would like to see some more pics on a lighter colored car. I have a White one and would like to see how they stand out. Also if you put some pics up please put up the entire vehicle pic also. I would like to see the whole vehicle concept with them on.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also ordered the splash guards from buy-OEM-parts.com and on 10/31 I was told that the price was no longer $80.50 but instead it was $98.00! The order page is still wrong 2 months later after the price increase. If I wanted to pay full retail I could go down the street and not pay shipping. I get the feeling that these guys do this often.

Update to previous post:

I just received a phone call from buy-OEM-parts.com informing me their web page is in error. The pricing isn't correct. The price is now over $40 a set. I was irritated and told them to cancel the order. :mad: The web page is still showing the wrong price.

I have a call into them. I feel the need to express my anger and disappointment.

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I also ordered the splash guards from buy-OEM-parts.com and on 10/31 I was told that the price was no longer $80.50 but instead it was $98.00! The order page is still wrong 2 months later after the price increase. If I wanted to pay full retail I could go down the street and not pay shipping. I get the feeling that these guys do this often.
Although I have no explanation as to why, it appears buy-oem-parts.com is no longer listed as a Forum Sponsor.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.