Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend a spoiler for my 09. Is it a "lip" spoiler or a "fin" spoiler?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone recommend a spoiler for my 09. Is it a "lip" spoiler or a "fin" spoiler?
While getting my oil changed the other day at the dealership I saw an 09 with a "lip" style spoiler, it looked nice. I asked around but no one could tell me anything about it. Not much help I know but they are out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the "lip" spoiler are put with adhevise ( 3M ) so pretty easy to stall. thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok,so maybe I should have looked at the site a little closer before responding...I stand corrected...again... :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am really liking the lip spoiler.. even the rk sport lip kit they have on there to is pretty nice

·
Registered
73 Posts
It uses Double STick tape and I had it in the trunk one day at the dealer and they stuck it on while I was having the clear put on the Rock Chip Protect film put all over the nose of the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It uses Double STick tape and I had it in the trunk one day at the dealer and they stuck it on while I was having the clear put on the Rock Chip Protect film put all over the nose of the car.[/QUOTE

Where did you get it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I cant find the place now, but here is one just like it and about the same price. Plus I had them paint if for me so it came all ready to stick on. These guys will paint if for 80 bucks , which is about par for places Ive checked on.

http://www.elitespoilers.com/inc/sdetail/8165

You just need to get the paint code for your car from the plaque somewhere on the car. Your dealer can tell you what it is. Just be sure you check. My 09 White is DIFFERENT than the 08 White. The new Whites are MUCH WHITER than the 08. So the codes were different.

Depending on your color the same may apply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you looked at www.rksport.com? We offer fiberglass or carbon fiber spoilers. Please call (800) 214-8030 and let them know you were on the ChevyMalibuForum.com and we will give you an extra 10% off! We are also offering free shipping. Let me know if you need any other help.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you looked at www.rksport.com? We offer fiberglass or carbon fiber spoilers. Please call (800) 214-8030 and let them know you were on the ChevyMalibuForum.com and we will give you an extra 10% off! We are also offering free shipping. Let me know if you need any other help.
Everybody be sure to check you vin plate etc to get the right paint code. I know the WHITE changed from the 08 to 09 model. I have one and they are dramatically different when setting side by side. The 09 is much brighter white.
So,dont just say its white or some other generic color.

I had mine painted by the spoiler supplier so you really need it to be correct.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
They both look the same???
Do you guys make one that looks similar to the Camry more laid back off the trunk??

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've never been that big on spoilers/wings,but I've always really liked the 'old school' look of a Black wing on a different colored body...Somehow less distracting...Seems like it might go well on the 'Bu,with the right colors.(Dark gray/Black wing.....)

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about paint? does it come painted or primed?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.