Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my 2003 chevy malibu started squealing when I accelerate. I took it to the repair shop- they put a new belt on, worked on ac compressor, and reported that my car had black death- so they washed that area. Now, a month later, my car is sqealing again when I accelerate. Can someone please give me some pointers on what the problem might be??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently, my 2003 chevy malibu started squealing when I accelerate. I took it to the repair shop- they put a new belt on, worked on ac compressor, and reported that my car had black death- so they washed that area. Now, a month later, my car is sqealing again when I accelerate. Can someone please give me some pointers on what the problem might be??
I had a squeal from under the hood. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the belt. Replaced that and driving away from the dealer it started again. I took it back. The main mechanic heard it and said I know exactly what that is. He took the dip stick out and the squeal stopped. He said it was the crankshaft seal. Scheduled it and had it replaced and everything is good now.

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
I had a squeal from under the hood. Took it to the dealer and they said it was the belt. Replaced that and driving away from the dealer it started again. I took it back. The main mechanic heard it and said I know exactly what that is. He took the dip stick out and the squeal stopped. He said it was the crankshaft seal. Scheduled it and had it replaced and everything is good now.
This is actually not the first time I've heard of this diagnosis and repair. Thanks for posting your experience!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts