Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing a wrecked 2006 malibu. SRS lamp is on steady. The air bags did not deploy during the accident, and I do not see any damage around the front sensors.
I did notice that when I got the car, the front seat belts were locked in place.
I could not extend them. I had to take the retractor assembly out and fix it there (the plastic tooth that locks the belt when the car brakes was bent from the strain of the accident). But I did not see any other problems.
I know there has to be a way to read those frickin B trouble codes so I can see why the lamp is on. Anybody know how? Any other ideas as to why this light would be on or where I could look?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, if you have access to a tech 2 then you can find the DTC's associated with the concern.

basically what has happened is, the seat belt pretensioners have blown. you need to replace the seat belt pretensioners, and probably replace the sensing diagnostic module and program with the latest software, from GM. when you find the DTC's you will probably see some DTC's for deployment loop and for open circuit. if the belts were tight when you got to them, then the light is probably caused by the pretensioners blowing during the accident.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.