Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having multiple issues, the stabilatrac and reduced steering assist monitors come on and go off sporadicly. The temp gauge does not go to operating temp range anymore and the temperature control only works when it wants to. All started around the same time, anyone having the same issues or do I have a one of a kind 2018 lemon?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,105 Posts
I'd get the fault codes read.

It could be a one of a kind lemon. Or it might be a car that needs a repair. Or a new battery.
Clothing Glasses Food Hand Watch

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was told on another site that it is a ECM issue, possibly a reprogram would fix it but might not. Looking for some technical service bulletins or someone that has had the same or similar problems before I go pay dealership fees.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,105 Posts
The fault codes will help point the direction. Symptoms are not specific enough for bulletin help but searching the codes could lead to a bulletin. I get all of my bulletins from alldatadiy. It is easily searchable just like this forum is easily searchable. I am guessing you tried searching here and found nothing matching this oddball combo. You can try looking through the bulletins on NHTSA. They are under manufacturer communications.

Without seeing the fault codes, based on experience this won't be a faulty ECM. It is more likely an electrical issue and even more likely multiple different issues. Reading the fault codes narrows down the guessing.

·
Premium Member
3,117 Posts
2x, a complete scan of all 4 code families with a high-end scan tool is needed. Not a parts store scan but a shop level scan.
ECM fails are not common.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts