Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Stabilizer Bar & Components for 2012 Chevrolet Malibu (Gen8 non-US)

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jrrtt09 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a vehicle Chevrolet Malibu, year of manufacture 2012 (in the USA GEN8, I already found out last time), and 2.4 LTZ gasoline.

When I drive over a smaller/shorter pothole or bump in the road from the rear axle, I hear a thump. When crossing larger bumps this sound is not there, the rear shock absorbers muffle it. I think the sound will be caused by the rear stabiliser parts.

I would need to find the OEM number. I searched on tascaparts.com, but the stabilizer rods don't have a number. Do you know where else to look? Can the rods even be replaced? By any chance, is there anyone here that is a Chevrolet employee and could use the company parts search program? :D

I live in the Czech Republic and unfortunately, Europe is done with Chevy and the support here at the dealerships is miserable.

Also, excuse my English, I used a translator.

Thank you very much for your help.

Rectangle Slope Automotive exterior Parallel Font

Here's a picture from tascaparts.com, part number 4 cannot be ordered.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know if this will help you as the OEM parts aren't listed at Rock Auto.com but Dorman is a company that makes parts for our cars and Rock Auto has this listed:

Bill

#3 ·
For Rock Auto, you may want to see if parts for a 2013 are what you need, since that is the North American start of Gen8 models. I hope you can find what you need!

#4 ·
I replaced the rear sway bar bushings and links recently. When I replaced my bushings, they looked perfectly fine and they did not come off or go back on easily, if I had to do it again I'd leave them alone. Item #4 (GM Genuine 13281792, or AC Delco 45G1933/19298758, they fit Saab 9-5 and Opel Insignia) are easy to replace since they have one stud and nut installed, so I'd start there and check for loose bolts, especially on your shock absorbers. You should be able to see your bushings when you remove the rear wheel, if it looks like it's damaged then order 2 of item #2 (GM Genuine 13281790) and reuse item #3 along with the 4 bolts. Your noise may also be a result of worn coil spring insulators, GM Genuine 90538496 & GM Genuine 13330714 (you need 2 of each), they can be replaced without a spring compressor, but you'll have to separate the lower control arm from the knuckle while the arm is supported with a jack. Honestly those were easier than the sway bar bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.