Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some Scotch guard to put on my Lux seats (Cashmere color), but after reading the label it's got me worried that it might affect the color.

What, if anything, is everyone doing about protecting their cloth/Lux seats?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not eating/drinking in the car, lol! I actually accidentally spilled a little coffee on the seats, and wiped it up with a napkin and it came up fine.

Off topic, it's good to see someone else from the D/FW area on the board. I live in Frisco and work in Plano.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plgtx, it's good to know the coffee came right up! Yeah, I know I shouldn't eat or drink in the car, but I can't help it! ;)

I live in McKinney, work in Plano. I'll keep an eye out!

·
Registered
421 Posts
The UltraLux is a manmade material anyway, and is supposed to be much more resistant to stains and such than real suede, as well as being easier to clean. I can vouch for the latter, as my wife managed to get tree sap on the inserts in the 04 Malibu, but they came right out.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My car is a rolling office, so not eating/drinking in it is out of the question. It's good to know the Ultralux seats are easy to clean. Now only if my shirts and ties were that easy....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure how much additional protection you would need.

Ultralux(TM) is a patented material consisting of fibreglass coated in Teflon(TM). The Teflon ensures that dirt, dust and other materials do not adhere to it, with rain often being sufficient to wash them off.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yep, and the material is extremely comfortable in either hot or cold weather. I like my LTZ's two tone interior, but I'd rather have UltraLux inserts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.