Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started dipping them Matte black to go with my new paint scheme I'll be finishing within the next couple of weeks leading up to Spring Break Nationals in Daytona Beach March 22-23rd. I am siked :)

Here is the look

20x10 +35 offset

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tires dangerously stretched: check
lol it's not THAT wild of a stretch. I've seen worse! I just love the look of perfect fitment if it's pulled off
Did u test fit these?
yes the back fits fine. Getting my fenders pulled tonight actually to assure they tuck after I bag it. The fronts needed spacers so I bought Jareds 1.25" adapters. Without the adapters the wheels hit right onto the brake calipers lol.
Agreed, Those don't look right at all.Tires look way too narrow
Don't look right "to you" There are still a ton of people that like the fitment aspect of the car world. And they are narrow on purpose, the more narrow they are the more aggressive the stretch. This will allow me to tuck the wheels better when the fenders are sitting on them

·
Registered
685 Posts
Guess I meant to replace the word right with safe. The sidewalls of the tires aren't designed to support the tire at that angle, so while it may look "hellaflush" you've quite adversely affected the integrity of the tire. Not to mention allowing a distinct possibility of rim damage. Guess it all depends on what you're going for in a car. I need mine to get me where I'm going.....and back

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I meant to replace the word right with safe. The sidewalls of the tires aren't designed to support the tire at that angle, so while it may look "hellaflush" you've quite adversely affected the integrity of the tire. Not to mention allowing a distinct possibility of rim damage. Guess it all depends on what you're going for in a car. I need mine to get me where I'm going.....and back
to each their own. A lot of people hate bags too, but I'll be bagged within the next couple of months as well lol.

I have 3 vehicles and normally commute on my streetbike so I can sacrifice some tire considering I won't be driving it daily nonstop.

And like I posted in my other thread, people have done a lot of research and trial/error as far as which tires sidewalls hold and ride well and what not and I made sure I went with one that can take my fitment. IMO the look is well worth having to drive a lot more careful :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
exactly. keep it for the honda ricers
there is a night and day difference between the look I'll have and then super cambered hatchback lol.

I'm not into all that camber and lean

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Still waiting on my 1" adapters so I can put the 1" up front and the 1.25" in back

My girl detailing my car! #keeper lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is what she looks like after the 1.25" spacers were put in the back and the 1.00" in front. All are hubcentric.

Wheels are 20x10 Stance Sc-5's and rubber is Achilles ATR Sport 225/35/20

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
Not a fan of the stretch but, I like the wheels. :)

Why is your car "sanded"? :confused:

Can we get more pics of the G/F? :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not a fan of the stretch but, I like the wheels. :)

Why is your car "sanded"? :confused:

Can we get more pics of the G/F? :D
It was sanded for a paint job I decided not to get lol. It will be getting painted this week though!

and ya stretch isn't for everyone but I love the way my fitment is now personally

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mexi poke ftl, sorry man looks like ass. Your cars not low enough to need the tires stretched. The point of it would be to sit the rim flush with the fender. You just made it stick out past the fender and to me looks like poor fitment....

Take the spacers off and it would look 100 % better . The rear and side marker looks tacky as well...but it's your car so if your happy that's all that matter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mexi poke ftl, sorry man looks like ass. Your cars not low enough to need the tires stretched. The point of it would be to sit the rim flush with the fender. You just made it stick out past the fender and to me looks like poor fitment....

Take the spacers off and it would look 100 % better and the stretch may actually make sense. The rear and side marker looks tacky as well...
Guess you haven't been paying any attention except for the post that you want to rant about but I'm less than 2 months away from bagging my car. All i need is the front strut bags/airline/ and fittings.

It sticks out a decent amount which when my wheels camber more from bags it will sit the fender right between my tire and my lip.

The rear and side markers are all temporary as it is going to be painted this week.......it's not a finished product. Just "Progress"

The look isn't for everyone though :) As I've also had a huge majority of people that see it really like it. To each their own

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
when did this become a VW forum?
you're right. I should just add some LED's, stock looking 18s, some chrome trim, and be content right? lmfao

It's not for everyone like I said

1 - 20 of 30 Posts