Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Malibu is making a weird static noise as soon as it is turned on. At first i thought it was the radio but the noise still continued after i turned the radio down and switched stations. The sound goes away when i turn off the radio or car but when i turn on my signal lights the noise returns and muffles the sound of my turning lights. What could this be?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,840 Posts
From your description, it sounds like the issue is in the Infotainment system, and could be a frayed wire, bad connection, or a component that's starting to die.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Just to add the vehicle sounds like chimes and blinker sounds are generated by the radio/infotainment system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Malibu is making a weird static noise as soon as it is turned on. At first i thought it was the radio but the noise still continued after i turned the radio down and switched stations. The sound goes away when i turn off the radio or car but when i turn on my signal lights the noise returns and muffles the sound of my turning lights. What could this be?
What was the solution? I’m currently having the same issue

·
Administrator
20,840 Posts
What was the solution? I’m currently having the same issue
That was 5 months ago and her only post. She never shared what vehicle she was having problems with, and neither have you. That would be a big help.

·
Administrator
20,840 Posts
pretty sure the original post said 2016 Malibu. Reading is literally all you had to do. Hope this helps
2016 models were available as both a Gen8 and a Gen9, and with various infotainment systems, some of which included ANC.

So it wasn't quite as simple as reading, since it was never revealed. Do you have something useful to add, or did you join just to troll?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts