Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had this problem. It’s a steering assist problem that is or should be a recall. I have a 2017 Malibu but it is happening to many gmc/Chevrolet that have autostart which also affects the battery! And a recall on many brakes and airbags. At this point a bike seems reasonable. Autostart is more of a nuisance than a solution to the economy.

My car is in the shop now. I spent $700 on brake booster and had car less than 2 years. Now they want $300 for an autostart battery that is defective due to autostart and electrical problems all connected to steering assist/autostart. Been in shop every other month since I bought it.

My car is in the shop now. I spent $700 on brake booster and had car less than 2 years. Now they want $300 for an autostart battery that is defective due to autostart and electrical problems all connected to steering assist/autostart. Been in shop every other month since I bought it.

FYI 2017 Malibu. Autostart is more of a nuisance than a solution. There are many recalls associated with this. Electrical, battery, steering assist.

Autostart causes battery issues

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
I just spent 5 minutes moving your posts from the gen7 and gen8 sections that were posted in threads ranging from 2 years to just days old. Do not spam content all over the forum in unrelated discussions. Before continuing, please read the forum rules (linked below) and act accordingly. So far other than needless spam no one can determine what problems you have experienced, how many miles are on the car, why warranty isn't covering this, nor can I figure out how steering assist is related to auto stop. I also have no idea what an auto stop battery is in a 2017 as there is only 1 battery. The previous gen had 2.

·
Super Moderator
4,576 Posts
I was scrolling through this thread like what are all these similar comments. Then I got to the bottom and saw campb292 was trying to clean up a mess. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts
... and then I came along and merged them all into a single post.

@Awils

It might do some good if you were to understand that this website is not owned or controlled by GM. And it is no longer monitored by a staff of "Customer Service" folks like it was for a short time. If they ever did any good, it was never made apparent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this problem. It’s a steering assist problem that is or should be a recall. I have a 2017 Malibu but it is happening to many gmc/Chevrolet that have autostart which also affects the battery! And a recall on many brakes and airbags. At this point a bike seems reasonable. Autostart is more of a nuisance than a solution to the economy.

FYI 2017 Malibu. Autostart is more of a nuisance than a solution. There are many recalls associated with this. Electrical, battery, steering assist.

Autostart causes battery issues
Hello, is this the message you were receiving as well? My car just started doing this about a week ago. Now it’s shutting all the way off and locking and then immediately turning back on.. I’m calling tomorrow to get a apt with auto nation Chevy .. but I’m curious if this is the same situation. My car is no longer in Warranty so they didn’t help me with a leaking issue I’m currently having and now I’m worried they won’t be helping me with this either..

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
We're having that exact problem with our 2017 LT. The stealership says it's a battery problem and wants to charge over $400 to replace the main battery. But couldn't guarantee that would solve the problem.We told them no thanks. I can replace the battery myself.

Forgot to mention, this is at about 70,000 miles and the service rep was a jerk who lectured my wife about driving her car too much.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Hello @Ebr65 and welcome. You have all the same problems as OP @Awils ? Steering assist errors, false belief in recalls on "many brakes"? You bought a new brake booster? Wow, lots of strange things. Perhaps you'll come back someday with an update unlike the user that started this thread. You might even explain the issues in detail and perhaps someone can offer advice.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts