Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the part number for the silver bezels and the radio/cruise control switches for the 2008 Malibu steering wheel?

I am looking into adding steering wheel radio controls to an LS model and cannot find the part numbers listed anywhere. I can find the G6 part numbers but I am not sure they are the same as the 2008 malibu.

I guess I will need to buy the silver bezel for the radio controls, the radio switches themselves, and then the harness that connects both the radio controls and the cruise controls to the main plus on the steering wheel.

anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Have you pulled the bezel off the steering wheel to see if the wires are already there?

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Did you find out anything about the controls?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know about the Malibu but Ive added radio controls to my 08 HHR. same basic steering wheel setup, I have to get the controls and the wiring, then just popped the airbag out change the wiring and then its good to go. I was actually wondering about this on the Malibu since we're thinking about one.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Do you have the part numbers and can you explain exactly what wiring you had to change out? Was it plug and play?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this on My Wife's 06 HHR, was easy. I contaced GMPartDirect.com, got these Part#

15930392 Harness $13.07
25862239 Switch $26.46
Bezel (cover) $16.18 plus about $19.22 in S&H

I ordered them and we'll see if it's as easy as before???

So far love this 09 LS. Had a 05 Base, it was very good, just took advantage of all the rebates and GM Card $3K, could not resist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it was plug and play the whole thing after learning how to take the airbag off lasted maybe 15-20 minutes if that. Heres a link over to the HHR forum that has it all list and documented in a how to(linked to page 4 it has pictures) Lots of info on this including part numbers. Not sure if they would be the same.
http://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1912&page=4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well it worked on my LS HHR im sure it can be done just need to find part numbers for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually bought a brand new (well I assume it came off of a new car that was wrecked) leather steering wheel from a LTZ malibu with the radio controls and wires.

I was going to add it to my company car, but after reading my company's company vehicle policy (and deciding I do not want to spend money on a car that is not mine), I have decided against pursuing this mod.

I am looking to sell the steering wheel. there is already a thread in the Trading Post with pics...

$60+shipping

you can replace the whole wheel or just use the radio control bezel and wiring harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I ordered and got the parts, they seem correct. The problem is I cannot get the airbag off. It was easy on the HHR. I tried several times, I can feel the spring clip, but it does not release with even fairly stiff pressure. Any body know if there is a trick? This is a 2009 LS Malibu.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Do you have the part numbers and how much did it cost you? They fit with no issues? Also what color did you order?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I ordered and got the parts, they seem correct. The problem is I cannot get the airbag off. It was easy on the HHR. I tried several times, I can feel the spring clip, but it does not release with even fairly stiff pressure. Any body know if there is a trick? This is a 2009 LS Malibu.
if you get the airbag off, can you post the part numbers you ordered and a short "how to".

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, Here;s the good news. I got the airbag off, the release clips are different than the HHR, and are stiffer. The parts fit OK. Harness -15930392-$13.07., 25862239 Switch-$26.46, Bezel-15930328-$16.81.Ordered from GMpartsdirect.com Now the bad news, it did not work. The HHR did not need any programing-it just worked. But this did not, ( a 09 LS). Anybody know if it can be programed? I found a note about using a GM Tech tool to program the controls on a Pontiac. If anybody knows or has a GM service buddy can you post here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an LS with the base model stereo. I just bought the midrange one off of ebay. I am going to have the stereo store near here put it in as well as the iPod adapter. The base model will not display the iPod info. I would also like to get the steering wheel controls so I am interested in the outcome of this post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.