Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used rvinyl.com, great deal, good quality stuff..

I bought 24X36 and I had enough to do a half set of tails again or if I messed up.. Dark Smoke

Even did the side marker lamps.. I will follow up with some night time shots soon...

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Interesting, I like how they came out.

Can't wait for some night shots, can you post up some day shots with the brake lights on. I think that would be a major decision on this mod.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picture 1 : 2Ft off
Picture 2 : 2ft rear running lamps
Picture 3 : 30ft off
Picture 4 : 30ft Headlights on / Rear lights off
Picture 5 : 30ft Headlights on / Rear running lamps on
Picture 6 : 30ft Headlights on / BRAKES
Picture 7 : 30ft Headlights on / Rear running lamps on + Reverse
Picture 8 : 30ft Headlights on / Brakes + Reverse

· Registered
237 Posts
Did you buy the dark smoke film here: http://www.rvinyl.com/taillighttintfilm.htm ?

Or did you buy the tail light 'kit' ?

EDIT: I guess it wouldn't matter which you bought. I was just wondering because I am probably going to stop in Ziebart this weekend and have them take a look at my car, check out rvinyl.com, and quote me a price on my tails heads and sidemarkers separately. It might look dumb getting only a one done at a time but it's whatever lol.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the 24x36 on a roll.. I don't like the pre cut ones.. I like to trim myself and have more to pull on.. you should be able to do all 6 lights on the rear with a 24 x 36 and still have plenty to heat and pull to get it to cover.. There are many youtubes on tailight film installation.. I put stickercity.com tailight tint on my wife's envoy but it was much thicker also more darker than rvinyl.com's dark smoke but the thicker material from stickercity.com SHRANK !!!! There are some edges that are showing that did not used to show, so they had to have SHRANK, this might have been overcomed by heating more before you make your final trim.. IDK.. I only paid like $30 for all of them and if you have a razor and a blowdryer you have all the necessary tools.. just use dawn and water just a few drops of dawn in a spray bottle and a bondo spreader or something similar..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.