Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Does anyone have the stereo wiring diagram for the new malibu? I am adding component speakers to my front doors and need them. Crutchfield does not have them yet, so I thought I'd check and here and see if anyone has them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm not too sure how many speakers you have on your stock stereo, but the GM radio wiring colors are usually the same/standard

So once you find the colors on your speaker's wiring.....do a quick google & you should be able to find out which is positive & which is negative (if just changing out the speakers). Or you could even just buy the cheap $10 connector harness that plugs into the factory connector & then connects to the new speakers (if only swappping out the speakers)....something like this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=103100&i=12071014&tp=1025

If you need the radio harness wiring colors, that should be standard too.....check for the wiring from a G6 or a Aura.

Well I just did the search & it should be something like this:
LF Speaker (+)Tan (-)Gray
RF Speaker (+)Light Green (-)Dark Green
LR Speaker (+)Brown (-)Yellow
RR Speaker (+)Dark Blue (-)Light Blue
12v Constant - Thick red wire
Ground - Thick black wire

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!! I am actually adding a component system to the front powered by an amp. The reason I was asking about the wire colors is because I think it would be easier to take the wires from the door, run them as the amp in source and then take the out source back into the door to the speakers (amp is in the trunk,not much room for it elsewhere). Any other suggestions or would you do the same? Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for the info!! I am actually adding a component system to the front powered by an amp. The reason I was asking about the wire colors is because I think it would be easier to take the wires from the door, run them as the amp in source and then take the out source back into the door to the speakers (amp is in the trunk,not much room for it elsewhere). Any other suggestions or would you do the same? Thanks!
Well if you're going to put the amp in the trunk....that's probably your only solution.

So you're still gonna use the factory amp though???

You could also put the amp underneath the driver or passenger seat (if there is room--haven't looked under there yet) if the amp is small enough.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well if you're going to put the amp in the trunk....that's probably your only solution.

So you're still gonna use the factory amp though???

You could also put the amp underneath the driver or passenger seat (if there is room--haven't looked under there yet) if the amp is small enough.
I have the LS with basic stereo. There is NO WAY that the factory wattage would push my Alpine Components (Sounds bad enough pushing the OEM speakers). Also, from what I was told from crutchfield the factory amp pushes the rear deck and not the front speakers(just get power from head unit).

As for under the seat, it would be a really tight fit by itselt, but I like to install my amps on a board instead of just laying it on the carpet. Helps it breath better and ge some air running underneath it to keep cool. Better served in the trunck I think. Also keeps it out of view. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have the LS with basic stereo. There is NO WAY that the factory wattage would push my Alpine Components (Sounds bad enough pushing the OEM speakers). Also, from what I was told from crutchfield the factory amp pushes the rear deck and not the front speakers(just get power from head unit).

As for under the seat, it would be a really tight fit by itselt, but I like to install my amps on a board instead of just laying it on the carpet. Helps it breath better and ge some air running underneath it to keep cool. Better served in the trunck I think. Also keeps it out of view. Thanks for the info!
I hear ya....just was an idea though

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not too sure how many speakers you have on your stock stereo, but the GM radio wiring colors are usually the same/standard

So once you find the colors on your speaker's wiring.....do a quick google & you should be able to find out which is positive & which is negative (if just changing out the speakers). Or you could even just buy the cheap $10 connector harness that plugs into the factory connector & then connects to the new speakers (if only swappping out the speakers)....something like this:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=103100&i=12071014&tp=1025

If you need the radio harness wiring colors, that should be standard too.....check for the wiring from a G6 or a Aura.

Well I just did the search & it should be something like this:
LF Speaker (+)Tan (-)Gray
RF Speaker (+)Light Green (-)Dark Green
LR Speaker (+)Brown (-)Yellow
RR Speaker (+)Dark Blue (-)Light Blue
12v Constant - Thick red wire
Ground - Thick black wire
I have a Malibu LTZ with 210 watt audio system where in the hell are the 8 speakers and two subs I only see 6 speakers.
Thanks Dunner

·
Registered
569 Posts
There are not speakers in the rear door of mine on the 8 speaker system,

2 in the A-Pillers
2-Front Doors
2-Back deck (Combo Mid/Sub) speaker giving a total of 8 speakers with 6 drivers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a couple questions. I am trying to find a stereo wiring harness for my factory chevy malibu 2008 LS. Anybody been able to find anything? If not has anybody been able to find any documentation or maybe a layout picture of how to hook up the wires (and still have onstar work properly, etc.)? Or the bigger question would be how can i get my amp and speakers to go into this stock system? I am pretty savy at ar audio i am just trying to retain the nice look of the car since i bought it not even a year ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
very low audio

I have an issue with my 2009 chevy malibu with onstar my audio will go to 0 like my speakers stopped working and then they will come back on the stero works fine, its when the onstar is used cannot not here it thru the radio anyone have any clues thanks Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.