Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky residue on vinyl interior pillars/ molding

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  badjwl 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

On the molding around the front and rear windshields, there appears to be a sticky, black residue that I am trying to remove. Being that the pillars and molding is a light tan color, this black residue makes the interior of the car look dirty and absolutely drives me insane.

So far I've tried using water and a terry cloth, tuff stuff, and Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner, all to no avail. I am considering trying a Magic Eraser, but I would first like to get some feedback, advice, or suggestions.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

John

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think i get the same thing when i clean the pillars too. I get it when I clean the pillars with towels that i used on something else in the car like the dash board. The way I got rid of it was to use a clean towel with some Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner or a mild cleaner like simple green.

#3 ·
Simple green or Awesome works good also but you have to use a clean rag on light colors.

#4 ·
I actually took a different approach. I used Tuff Stuff all-purpose cleaner and then followed up with a Magic Eraser (gently of course). And now it's all clean.

The residue was already present when I purchased the car, but its nice to have an idea as to where it was coming from. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.