Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car that could STILL save Pontiac....If they actually built it this time._The G6.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It looks like Pontiac is about to be killed. Saturn already has been written off....
http://www.freep.com/article/20081203/BUSINESS01/812030381/1002
GM said it will focus on so-called core brands of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC. Hummer is for sale, Saab will be, and Pontiac would be a niche brand. Saturn may be sold or closed.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
We already have that...it's called the G6.

You're not the only one--one of MANY, actually--to proclaim such a wish, but I still don't get it. Yes that concept was a little swoopier, but moving to a real world vehicle and platform, the production version was almost as close while still being realistic. All the details are there, really.

I had an '08 GT coupe and while it was a lemon, I still have fond memories of that car and the coupes still grab my eye.

For 2009.5, they've all gotten a refresh with some interior bits from the Malibu & Aura and freshening outside, and are quite nice. But at this point, it's not like many care.

That's all you're gonna get folks, so hopefully it helps a few more sales.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Son-of-a-beach!!!:p....I say G6 at the end of my original statement.__I fell in love with this car,at first-sight, when it first appeared at the auto show. And I knew, soon as they announced that they were going to put it into production, that it would be a watered-down piece of #@*#*!...Thus the Oprah seal-of-approval at the get-go....But I agree the coupe has a bit of the original promise in it.Even if yours was the ride from Hell....As far as the four-door goes...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can it really be said that these two cars are truly alike in spirit...I don't see much in the concept that couldn't make production.(But maybe I'm still so in love with it that I'm not seeing it realistically).The G6 concept has been, and forever will be one of my top ten dream cars.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can it really be said that these two cars are truly alike in spirit...I don't see much in the concept that couldn't make production.(But maybe I'm still so in love with it that I'm not seeing it realistically).The G6 concept has been, and forever will be one of my top ten dream cars.
Yes, I think it can. Lower the roofline (resulting in a more swept look), remove the side moldings, remove the rear spoiler, make the door handles flush with the door, and add the integrated quad exhaust tips.. It's pretty remarkable, actually, how few changes were made that can still leave you thinking the car is entirely different. But this car is pretty close to that concept.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Rear door was too wide. It'd be a nightmare to get out of the car in a parking lot. Rear side windows wouldn't slide into the door. No CHMSL. For some reason, they can't put the reverse lights next to the license plate, the Camaro Concept had something similar, but they had to move them to the bumper.

·
Registered
122 Posts
mmmmmm...sweet, sweet, onions...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.