Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i just bought a 2008 Malibu LS. i am very happy and satisfied with my purchase! well i have seen that most stereos come with single mp3/xm radio playback. mine doesnt :( how much do you guys think it would run me to buy and replace mine with the higher end ones? would it be worth it or should i just buy a totally different stereo so i can upgrade my audio system?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The FM transmitters for Sat radio or MP3's are really horrible. You are limited to FM quality reception, and if you live in any kind of urban area you'll get a near constant static/hiss from encroaching stations and be constantly fiddling with the FM station selection.

Upgrade you're radio. You can get a nice one for $100 which includes a built in mp3/Ipod connector. You can also add a Sat tuner for another $70-$90. Or you can spend the same for an HD tuner (no subscription fees.) These will sound MUCH better than your factory radio. You will need to buy a harness to keep your OnStar and door chime connections. I'd recommend Crutchfield. They'll get you all of the right parts (including a nice trim kit made especially for the 'Bu) along with instructions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.