Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Malibu lt. Non bose sound system. I am trying to install a system but every video i find on YouTube is very different to my car. I do not have the factory amp in the trunk like all the videos I have seen and can’t seem to locate it. So if anyone can help out with how to get it done it’ll be highly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,544 Posts
Welcome! A while back another 2019 owner was trying to disable active noise cancelation and noticed the module was no longer behind the passenger side trunk panel. Unfortunately the user never returned with findings.

I guess there are two possibilities: they now integrated it into the new Chevy Infotainment 3/mylink3/whateveryouwanttocallit or it moved. I'm betting moved behind the glovebox. You might have to peel some carpet back but I bet it is in that area. 2nd possibility is under a seat.

Reactions: Jayy_Blessed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! A while back another 2019 owner was trying to disable active noise cancelation and noticed the module was no longer behind the passenger side trunk panel. Unfortunately the user never returned with findings.

I guess there are two possibilities: they now integrated it into the new Chevy Infotainment 3/mylink3/whateveryouwanttocallit or it moved. I'm betting moved behind the glovebox. You might have to peel some carpet back but I bet it is in that area. 2nd possibility is under a seat.
Thanks!!!
I checked there is a amp under the glove box. I Can faintly read the “Sirius XM” on it, maybe that’s it?
Also if that is it, can anyone help me with the wire order to slice into with my loc ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i got the wiring down. But now when I turn up the volume too high the subwoofer cuts out, could this be low voltage? I’m running a Phoenix gold 600w amp with one 10” JL audio. Any help out here?

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you come up with for the wiring? I have been looking to add a loc also and have not found any information yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts