Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi...I am not sure if this is possible. Mh8 transmission.....there are so many of them.. what makes them so unique about MH8 of all different model, do you think?
without the valve body, gear ratios, mechanism on this tranny is the same, right?!. I have Fckd up tranny Part#19332231 (according to dealership) it only has 138k. Dealer also told me there are 4 digit can be interchangeable 8EHW, 0NBW,9EPW, 0EXW. Apparently, if you happened to looking for this tranny, its kinda expensive ($900-1500)....so i want to maybe help out other who is looking to buy this transmission, but i need your opinions and your expertise to make this work.. if my theories is correct, i can save others lots of money before they consider to buy this transmission and swap out. Here is my opinions,

My tranny comes from 2.4 ltr engine. MH8 6spd. Part number is mentioned above for your reference.
Donor tranny may comes from 13 Buick Verano 2.4 engine Mh8 6spd low miles. ($300)

Or Can i just install it and have it reprogrammed?

The bolt pattern and every holes looks amazingly look alike, maybe you see things that i don't see but it looks the same. please let me know the differences if you do.
What i wanna do is Swapping the Valve body with my bad tranny and install into the donor (13 Buick Verano) maybe that way, i just clean real good on valve body and i don't have to reprogram the TCM because its existing valvebody that already programmed with bad tranny.

So...What do you guys think? if this works, then we can save boat load of money when we look for new tranny for this particular model and help other save their money. Please give me your thoughts and opinions. If this method works, then its great for everyone who had bad transmission for their car.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Hollander Interchange book is THE source for swapping parts between brands and models. It's what the salvage yards use.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
repairman54
Chevrolet Malibu Forums
Chevy Malibu Forum is the best place for owners of the sedan to connect with the community and discuss MPG, mods, and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing