Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 08 LTZ with sunroof. Noise behind dome light is getting worse. Sounds like some left tools up there. Hear it with roof open or closed. If someone puts pressure on ceiling in right spot it stops. Hope it is not a headache to fix. Any advice out there?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Terrible ceiling noise behind dome light -Bulletin

My service manager found a bulletin describing the ceiling noise and detailed instructions to fix. Had to order some type of tape to use to wrap in ceiling. Hope it works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Terrible ceiling noise behind dome light -Bulletin

Well when they got in the ceiling they had to do some insulating. There was some seperation on the interior ceiling between the driver door and windshield before I took it in and I showed that to them. The service manager told me it was worse after the ceiling work - so now he said they have to order a new ceiling headliner and install it. A cluster f. At least I have a decent rental car - G6 Gt with xm radio - thank god. I know everyone says take it in and get it fixed - but why is the fix more painful than the problem?????? I will say the rattle was bad enought that it was getting hard to deal with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frustrating problems - need advice

The ceiling rattle behind and around the dome light was getting worse and annoying to the point that I had to take it in to get fixed. The service manager said there was bulletin on it with instructions on tape to order and use and details about taking down the ceiling interior. (This sounded like trouble and hoped it would not meet my worse case scenario expectations). He ordered the tape and made an appointment with a trim shop they use. I noticed the plastic/cloth was seperating on the interior beam between driver door and windshield near the ceiling. I told them about this when I took it in for the ceiling rattle. They told me it should take a day no more than 2. That was tues and now on thur pm I thought I should call. Well, bad news - when they did the ceiling work the seperation was worse and they could not get the headliner on. At least he said it was unacceptable - so they ordered a new headliner and have to get that installed now. SO who knows what time frame and condition of my 2 month old LTZ is. This should not be happening to a new car. Shoddy work at the factory. Should I talk to a factory rep or a lawyer to invoke the lemon law - hope it does not come to that.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have that same issue.

Also, the back part of something rattles when I have my music blasting (with bass).

If I give it to the dealer could they fix this with ease?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.