Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But had to trade her in last week... she was a really nice car, just couldn't see myself staying in her for the long term... she was more or less a stop gap for me, until i got some financials straightened out...

Here's what i traded her in for...

Sorry for the big pics...

Things i miss from the Bu are the amount of storage space, and the dimming rear view mirrors...

Not a whole lot of comparison otherwise... i did have to throw winter tires on the G8 already... the summer only tires were brutal in the snow... the rear end was stepping out big time...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here's a crappy pic of the winter setup... If you guys in real bad climates need a great snow tire, check out the Blizak LM-25's...

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
That's a shame...but it's not like you made a bad choice;)

When I had the repurchase offer for my G6 and had to figure out what I wanted new, my natural choice was the 'Bu but I also--after thinking why not--seriously considered a base V6 G8. There's a lot about that car that spoke to me, for sure, and still does but in the end I was still more drawn to the 'Bu for what I wanted.

There are still days I see a G8 and sigh, though;) With a GT V8, the best part is it's an absolute beast if you step on it but seriously can putter along cruising and actually get quite good fuel mileage...as if the 3.6L V6 isn't spunky enough for most.

Good choice, and at least you stayed with GM...just a beastlier one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i knew you had looked at the G8 as well... if i could go back, i would have looked at the G8 harder when i got the Bu, but the price then was about $8K more than the Bu...

both good cars, just different...

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
both good cars, just different...
Oh yes, for sure. Glad you got a deal that worked, after that discussion about the Bu's trade in value.

The biggest change is the RWD and the really vault/drum like feel, I presume, as well as the interior...which is all black and simply huge.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very big inside, i was surprised how much bigger it is than the Bu...

one thing that i really noticed, was the greenhouse is taller, and there is alot more room getting the kids in and out of the rear...

seating in the GT is much better as well and i like the instrument cluster better, plus the DIC is FAR superior in the G8...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sharper than sharp,Bud....The second picture, the side-view from behind, might be one of the most beautiful pictures of a car I've ever seen!...Just great.enjoy.:cool:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks for sticking with GM!

And congrats on your new kickass ride!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Most likely... blue...?

i seen it was still there the other day... i wonder what they are asking for it...

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
i should have held out for a little more... ;)
Eh, don't fret. The $21.5k or so is already pushing it given what people can right now get a matching '09 for, so I think it's very likely when they do sell it it will be very close to what was given on trade.

Hope that G8 is doing great! They seem to be well sorted, thanks to Holden, and from reading owner's accounts of the cars. Wonder how your gas mileage comparo will end up with that 6.0L/6-speed vs. the Bu's 3.6L/6-speed...probably closer than some would expect, with notably more roar:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
I had a dream that my parents bought me a G8 GT for Christmas.

I woke up this morning and was extremely disappointed. :(

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
What were your reasons for changing vehicles???

I thought about the G8 when I was looking for my car. However, the gas mileage and RWD were a turn-off for me. I've driven many RWD vehicles in the snow and FWD is so much easier to maintain traction.

Enjoy your car - it's nice to own a vehicle that's a little different from all the cookie cutter vehicles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
my main reason for the trade, was because the Bu just didn't "do it" for me... just wasn't my kind of car... i've always been on the more sport oriented side of cars...

here's my list over the years...

92 Jetta GL
99 Civic Si - first new car - did all kinds of mods, Supercharger was the tip of the iceburg...
02 Mitsu Galant - real snoozer here
03 Mistu EVO VIII - loved this car, sold it when i had my first son
04 VW Passat 1.8T - replaced the EVO... ZZZZ...
04 Audi S4 - loved this car, but traded after it was vandalized
06 Mganum RT - really liked everything about this car, except the build qaulity and the 13 mpg... :(
06 VW GLI - really liked this car, very fun to drive, awesome mileage, just got too small, and needed to get my wifes name off so i traded for the Bu...

the Galant and Passat were quick turnarounds, and it's cause they were a snooze to drive... same thing kind of happened with the Bu... it's a great car, very comfortable, 21mpg out of the V6 was nice, but just left me wanting more...

I threw a set of Blizzaks on the G8, and the car has been great in the snow, slush, ice... the traction control has only stepped in a few times, and that's when i purposely tested the limits...

gas mileage in the G8 has been avg to this point, but it's been very cold, lots of remote start ups, and pre warm ups, plus the fact that she's only got 500 miles on her i don't expect to start getting my real world values for a couple more weeks...

ove 2 tanks, it's averaging about 17mpg... not bad for a 6.0L...

·
Registered
112 Posts
i asked my wife to get me a bugatti veynon. I thought i had heard the pitter patter on the roof at night so i dashed to the garage xmas morning expecting to see my new car ... alas it was not there i was disappointed.... hehehhee.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.