Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,042 Posts
@kman1971

I had those same bulbs in my 2011 and they burned out in a year flat. They're extra bright for a reason, and it's not a good one.

I personally don't recommend them.

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
thanks for the advice... i guess i have a year left....LOL.... Dang, why don't they put factory HID's in these cars to begin with...
One reason I can think of: it's a Chevy, not a Buick or Caddy. That technology hasn't "trickled down" to the common man's car yet.

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
You're a lucky guy! My Gen7 takes H11 and H9 (low, high). Of the 6 listed types offered for sale, only 2 are available now and the other 4 have to be pre-ordered! Of course, the H11/H9/H8 (one bulb) has to be pre-ordered.

Thinking it over. I have "decent" LED bulbs now, but based on your description, I just might spring for the GTR bulbs.

Can you get some pics, like the pattern on a wall, plus low and high beam at night? I'd really appreciate it, and it could just push me over the fence to get 'em ordered. TIA!

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
Much nicer pattern than the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 bulbs I'm using, and yet the Morimotos are quite a bit better than the stock halogens or the first set of LEDs I tried. Mine, though, is a reflector-only housing. Yours appears to be a projector housing, which probably assembles and blends the light better than my reflectors do.

Still thinking about it . . . . . .

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
If you were to go to this link at Rock Auto dot com you'd find them listed the same as what you've discovered.

·
Administrator
20,042 Posts
Even on sale, that's a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts