Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,665 Posts
We read of very short life on Silverstars frequently... sometimes months.

The gen9 Malibu was just on the cusp in the design cycle where LEDs started boomin as headlamps. Then with lingering problems GM still goes HID as an alternative in many cars. Cadillac has more LED options but even Buick doesnt necessarily get you upgraded headlights. The failed Regal and even Regal GS have/had halogens.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
I think @MalibuMan! might be referring to whether the LED lights work happily with Auto Stop (e.g flickering, early failure) not so much auto headlights and auto high beam.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
Is there any way to turn off "autostop" by default when i start my engine? Yes, on 2020 we have a button to disable it, but it's ON when you start the car, it's kind of annoying to turn it off everytime.
You won't find a different answer than my previous answer to this - because it is the only answer in a 2020. This will however be the last time I answer any of your questions. I won't waste any more of my time since you apparently prefer info from the modder crowd. I only have info for this market anyway.

Enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
3,665 Posts
No idea on the 2019 lows/highs but I can check.

In 2016-18 there is a solenoid-controlled actuator that controls a shutter. Shutter down on low beam usage, up for full highs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts